Rifle Creet
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Creet

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Rifle Creet

Hey guys I would like know if any Marine can post the Rifle Creet . I would like to know the creet before I ship...Thanks

ummmm......
    What's a CREET? LOL

Sorry, you mean CREED, I think.

and as far as that goes, I have forgotten most of it, but will try and find it for you, if no one beats me to it.

THIS IS MY RIFLE, THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE. MY RIFLE IS MY BEST FRIEND. IT IS MY LIFE. I MUST MASTER IT AS I MASTER MY LIFE. WITHOUT ME IT IS USELESS, WITHOUT MY RIFLE I AM USELESS.

I WILL FIRE MY RIFLE TRUE, I MUST SHOOT STRAIGHTER THAN MY ENEMY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL ME, I MUST SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE SHOOTS ME....I WILL. MY RIFLE AND MYSELF KNOW WHAT COUNTS IN WAR IS NOT THE ROUNDS WE FIRE, THE NOISE OF OUR BURST, NOR THE SMOKE WE MAKE. WE KNOW THAT IT IS HITS THAT COUNT. WE WILL HIT...

MY RIFLE IS EVEN AS I, BECAUSE IT IS MY LIFE. THUS I WILL LEARN IT AS A BROTHER, LEARN ITS WEAKNESSES, ITS STRENGTHS, ITS PARTS, ITS ACCESSORIES, ITS SIGHTS AND ITS BARREL. I WILL EVER GUARD IT AGAINST THE RAVAGES OF WEATHER AND DAMAGE. I WILL KEEP MY RIFLE CLEAN AND READY, EVEN AS I AM CLEAN AND READY. WE WILL BECOME PART OF EACH OTHER. WE WILL...

BEFORE GOD I SWEAR THIS CREED, MY RIFLE AND MYSELF ARE THE DEFENDERS OF MY COUNTRY, WE ARE THE MASTERS OF OUR ENEMY, WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE. SO BE IT, UNTIL THERE IS NO ENEMY BUT PEACE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    there ya go.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    I have 2 words for you drlocousmc... Gomer Pyle.

-Lake

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    this is my rifle

this is my gun

this ones' for shooting

this ones' for fun

anyway, much more important than the CREED, is your weapons serial number. I think I was asked ONCE to recite the CREED, but I was asked my rifles serial number every day.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Angry Lake0300!

That's uncalled for! The Gomer Pyle comment. He didn't know obviously. You are not a Marine yet young one! I don't appreciate you berating other Leatherneck.com members like that. Please keep hateful comments to yourself next time ok? I seriously hope when you join our ranks your attitude changes! I'm sure your drill instructors will have fun with you Lake! I've noticed your rude behavior in the past and kept my mouth shut. NO MORE!

Semper Fi

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Out of line Lake. Way out.

it amazes me that I still know it. If my senior DI was standing in front of me right now inspecting me, there is no doubt that I could tell him that my rifle serial number is 6073881

Lightbulb

One of you guys should have sent "RIFLE CREET" to HQMC.USMC.MIL and had him click to his hearts content,The original Creed is in the Archives.Lake;You better take a "Stand By"

E4B,

thats freeky, impressive but freeky. it funny though, how we remember so much of that stuff for so long. how long ago since you were asked?

Sempers,

MW

oh yeah, Lake. On your face and give the site 20. Not to be mean here. If and when you earn the EGA your job is going to one of helping others, wether its a Marine under you or someone who needs it. Lofe is to short to cut on people.

my 2 cents,

MW

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

giving 20

By my calculations, if Lake gave 20 to the site for every time he got yelled at here, he would look like this:
    [img]d:\html\lake0300.jpg[/img]

Hey I wonder if they still get to do that to the recruits with the shoe string ? We had three in our Plt, in 56 . Once you get to see some other sucker get to do it you have a tendency to remember.

(This is my rifle)-- Raise your weapon-- this is my gun pull the string--( OUCH. ) Brings back wonderful memorys

well, we actually had to do push ups to the creed. This(up) is(down) my (up) rifle(down).......... so on and so forth. don'tthink we EVER made it all the way through.

and if we missed a word or did't get it right, we had to start over. Since it was done in a group setting though, I usually just kept my mouth shut

Thread Information