"Bin Laden 18,000 strong"
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lake0300
    Guest Free Member

"Bin Laden 18,000 strong"

Check the article here

So, Bin Laden has 18,000 militants under his command. The way I see it, thats just 18,000 more confirmed kills for Seeley and I.

Read the article Poolees, inform yourself of the latest political and military situations. I'm curious what you guys have to say on this article.....

-Lake

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Rock and roll, Lake. Remember, you have to get in, first, then get them for the "confirmed" part. Did not like how the IISS did not identify its sources. So it could be more or it could be less. 1 is too many, right?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Lake0300...I admire your motivation as a Poolee! However,I have cautioned in other posts in this forum months ago that until one witnesses death and destruction on a daily basis you don't want your motivation to get the best of you! Death is FINAL! Whether it is our side or theres. I definitely want it to be there side...... Every US serviceman & woman are heroes in there own right.But,statistically most of our heroes of the battlefield are dead.If you and Poolee Seeley get 9000 confirmed kills a piece you may find youselves in the realms of the Marine Corps history books...or others may find your both listed in the obit section of the local papers or a guaranteed spot with the other heroes in our national cemeteries.Keep up your motivation! Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks for the concern SSgt. Although I'm going infantry, I dont look forward to ending another mans life, I hope I never have to do it. Really, when it comes down to it, its just talk.

Devildog Shock Troops,
    War fighting blood machines,
    Ready to fight,
    Ready to kill,
    Ready to die,
    But never will,
    RSS Monroe - OORAH

Marine Free Member p8ntballsnipr1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Question

i agree with lake, jus more for the Marines to kill, any one know our kill ratio in iraq? afghanistan?

Credits
    Savings
    A lot more of them than us. Good enough?

our KILL ratio? OMFG! come one now. that just seems like a question and statistic that does NOT need to be known. Does it REALLY matter? People are dead. and more of them than us. good enough, isn't it? ( as cjwright said)

Registered User Free Member 1recon's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I agree with HardJedi. The numbers don't matter as long as its more of them than us. Alot of poolees here seem to talk about killing and the war on terror like it is a video game. I don't think anyone should make statements like "thats just 18,000 more confirmed kills for whoever." ( I'm not just talking about on this thread, just using you as an example lake, hope you don't mind) I don't think we can understand what combat is like until we have seen it. I don't mean that you shouldn't be gung ho but don't say stupid things either. I know some people who just got back from Afghanistan who would be royaly ****ed off at coments like that. Well that is just my oppinion. I'm not trying to correct any one, just giving my oppinion.

Marine Free Member p8ntballsnipr1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    ok wrong question but yea i guess it is good enough cjwright, i still have a lot to learn, but yes i understand that its nothing like a video game, there are no cheats in life. only one chance to do it and hopefully we will do it right the first time. i have a cusin over there, but i havent been able to get a letter to him in any way or form, and i guess the main part is i dont kno where he is located, any one know where to find that information out?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    My point exactly! #'s and body counts,the media gives you those stats everyday on the evening news....I seen death up close and personal.It's not a video game,it is not a paintball field! I am all for taking out the terrorist cells and completing a mission& superior firepower! However, " if you have not walked the walk,don't talk the talk (B.S.)." Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    If any of you Poolies would be interested try visiting www.usmc.mil. On the right side, under the heading of Helpful Info., you will see "Return and Reunion". Click it and view the guides available for not only Marines but Family and Friends. It is a pretty decent compilation of very well thought out approaches to what each party might expect. In a very subtle way this information deals with this thread.

Credits
    Savings
    I think Lake wins the award for most examples made of him. what do you think old timers?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Don't even go there! Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall

The kill ratio is pretty simple. There have been many Iraqis die.
    There have been FAR too many Americans die. But then, one American death is too many.

I know the glorious image of war that many people have. The movies, books, and war stories floating around make anyone think it is better than it is. But, you will soon learn that it isn't what you think it is. Even the admin guy that has never left MCAS Beaufort knows the price of war. I dare say there is not a single Marine that hasn't lost someone close to them in the action since 9/11. When it is your friends coming home in flag draped caskets, the whole thing takes on a different perspective.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by cjwright90
    I think Lake wins the award for most examples made of him. what do you think old timers?

The thumb is the closest I can get to a middle finger. LoL.

-Lake

Thread Information