It's Time For Rumsfeld To Go - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Originally posted by enviro
    Would you still be crying for the Iraqi prisoners if they actually were responsible for blowing up someone you loved very dearly?
    they deserve to be treated like humans,, and die when convicted of their crimes humanely

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    And I'm sure the terrorists will treat us the same way.

You know what? It's not about what did or didn't happen here and what will or won't happen.

Take some leadership advice that has been passed down from generation to generation of Marines:

Pick and choose your battles wisely and revel in the spoils of victory, as well as the lessons of defeat.

You came on here wanting the head of our SecDef but not the heads of those killing our brothers. An unwise battle to fight here.

Registered User Free Member Kurt Stover's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    SheWolf,
    Allow me to state this as an observation. You have taken on the classic "Academy Trained" Police view. I went into the Police Academy with the Robo Cop mentality, and it served its purpose at the academy.

I got on the street and that all went out the window. Sure catch a criminal and read him/her the Miranda rights. Tuck 'em into your squad and take 'em over to the local crowbar motel. Book 'em and release them. Write a 2 page report and go on down the road all smiles and happy.

Now lets take a look at reality. You are summoned by radio dispatch to an address on the east side of town, a known gang area and a depressed neighborhood. During the day, you volunteer at the local B'ball court and do community service action to make them like you, its night and you arrive.

You wait for back up and there is an Olympic race of slowness in the response. You go up to the door and announce your presences and knock, at the same time, someone jumps out of the second story window on the side, hit's the ground and caps off two rounds in your direction.

You sh1t your pants, collect your wits and the chase is on, damned him/her, they just shot at me.....pufff---pufff-puff run run, ugh, this 17 year old kid is out running me.....Sssstop oooorrrr I'll Pufff-puff-shooooooot!!! Pow-Pow, only it's not you shooting, it's them again. Do you know what an incoming round sounds like?

Sounds like a high pitched fart in reverse and an impact next to you makes a nice loud smack-slap sound. Puff-puff...run--, STOOOOOP! The kid is laid out flat because the back up finally arrived and they blind-sided him. You puke and then stand up and get over to the kid and all you want to do is*@#$%** the little Fvcker...

Ah ha! Your job is to stop or prevent the action. Not judge, jury and executioner.

So what this kid took four shots at you and ran you half ways across town. But, no, no, no!

Yeah now for a reality check. You catch the kid and every available officer including the sheriff, constable and a few DPS officers jump on this kid to get their licks in and then some.

Kid don't speak English and you try to 'splain it in Spanglish, and the kid is smirking at you, you wash the smirk off his face, you pick him up by the handcuffs (Which always causes the "Cut's") and ever so deftly place them in the back seat of the squad, taking the right ear off in the process.

You clean up and try to catch your breath, mean while this kid is taking a sh1t in the back of your squad...dang it!!! He spit's on you and rubs his hands with fecal matter all over your pants and arms when you grab him out of the squad.

You go to book him, and he has fleas and lice, and now you have them also, thanks.

So in all of this, you have tried to do your job, but, it don't happen that way.

well

Originally posted by enviro
    And I'm sure the terrorists will treat us the same way.

You know what? It's not about what did or didn't happen here and what will or won't happen.

Take some leadership advice that has been passed down from generation to generation of Marines:

Pick and choose your battles wisely and revel in the spoils of victory, as well as the lessons of defeat.

You came on here wanting the head of our SecDef but not the heads of those killing our brothers. An unwise battle to fight here.

I did NOT come on here "wanting the head of our SecDef" as you put it.... I posted a couple of articles... what I will say is that I think our SecDef needs to take some (note: SOME) of the responsibility for what happened and saying "I apologize" is not enough,,, should he resign? I won't say that it would make me sad,, what I will say is that I would say some form of reprimand would suffice.....

Hey, let me remind you She Wolf.....SOMALIA - BILL CLINTON. Any responsibility taken there? USS Cole? Saudi barracks? No. But the left doesn't see the need for us to remember that. At least our CIC is manning up about it.

bobpage

SheWolf was ganged up on in other postings, and has left this website. She is no longer available for comment. She was called names and personally attacked for expressing her beliefs. Her patriotism was called into question. Her service was questioned. She was called "HANOIWOLF OR IRAQWOLF".

She is not a Marine herself, but her son is serving in OIF. I hope she doesn't tell her boy how she was treated here. It would not be a happy tale.

Just thought you should know why your response won't be answered.

Semper Fi!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Rumsfeld will go when Bush goes, whether it happens the end of this year or almost 5 years from now is up to the voters.

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Whether she comes back or not, I still have to comment on her last post to me. If you are trying to "say" something then "say" it.

Aside from a select few who post news articles all across the spectrum (i.e. thedrifter's wife) if you post news articles, you will be generally conceived as agreeing with that article. Especially if you add your own agreeable subject line instead of the one that came with the story. UNLESS you comment otherwise. (i.e. "Hey check out this B.S.")

You can't post an article, say you agree with it, and then back out when things get hot.

It's the best thing I like about GW Bush. Right or wrong, he will stick to his guns. And he doesn't give a damn about the latest New York Times poll.

enviro

I agree with your assessment on posting. This particular posting is from Miss Ellie, not SheWolf.

I thought the attacks on SheWolf were in bad taste because they were PERSONAL attacks, not counters to any points she was trying to make. It is one thing to argue merit of a point of view, and quite another to call anyone names which would have elicited a duel in the olden days.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence from where SheWolf was. She and I fought over most everything. That doesn't mean I called her a traitor for her beliefs. As much as I disagreed with some Marines on this site, I've never stooped to calling them traitors to this nation or their own blood. That is what I disagree with, the method used.

As for Bush, I attended a rally here in my city last week. Bush didn't carry Michigan last election. He did carry my city. We had over 10,000 supporters crammed into an outdoor amphitheater. It was great. It took me two days to get my voice back from hollering. Bush will win. Kerry will not. Donald Rumsfeld will be Secretary of Defense until 2008.

Semper Fi!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Bu-sh was in LaCrosse last week too, same situation as Michigan, he lost the state of Wisconsin by a hair last time.

Don't think he (Bu-sh) changed any minds. Only folks allowed near him were already gonna vote for him. Probably lost votes because how the event screwed up traffic.

Namgrunt,

I'm sorry to hear that we've lost SheWolf. While I too did not always agree with what she posted, I do think that she had the right to voice an opinion.

SheWolf was definately opininated but that's not cause to infer traitorism. I don't think we ever agreed on anything, I am sorry to see her go tho.

I can't believe any veteran would say that the Secof Def should resign over something like this.
    I'm glad I never worked for this Maj. Mike while I did my 20yrs. unbeliveable

Regarding SheWolf
    She is gone now, and not coming back. I'm sure she would appreciate your kind words, gents.
    It is time to get an ammo and casualty report, close ranks, police the area, and saddle up.
    We have miles to go before we sleep. (my thanks to Robert Frost)

Rumsfeld will remain until the Bush Administration finishes its time in office.
    That will be in 2008!

Marines......S.O.S. at Military.com...can't find a decent place to rest...my weary bones..mouse

Thread Information