Why would you want to be a Marine? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Originally posted by jdfairman
    I joined because I wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill.

and here I joined to cut off the enemy's ears.

but they wouldn't let me do that, the Lieutenant said, I couldn't shoot another one, untill everyone else in the platoon got their quota. LOL

why did i chose the Marine Corp? choice!?,..... what choice did i make, i was born and this is what i became!

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I always liked the Marines from the time I was a little kid. My Dad was-correction is- a Marine, Same for my Mom, and my older brother. He joined after me, though. I was in high school, the Recruiter came to the school, and I saught (sp?) him out. I loved the uniform, and since both parents were leathernecks, I also wanted to be one. I think I had parts of everyone's posts for my reasons. The girls liked the uniform, the pride of saying I am a Marine, etc. I am a very patriotic person, fully believing this is the greatest country on the planet, and the Corps is the greatest "club" there ever was or is. Not that it is a club of any sort. I was referring to something to "join". I love my God, my Country and my Corps, as do the Marines here. This is not to discount the beliefs of the poolees here. I am sure there are plenty of patriots among them as well. I almost quit trying in boot camp because it was tough. But you know what, as I posted in another thread, a boot mate of mine gave me a verbal butt kicking and got my head in order. So I kept driving a finished, because deep inside, I wanted to be a Marine and all that goes with it. Junk on the bunk, long MCCRES hikes, cleaning rifles 5 days a week, carrying my fire teams members pack and M203 plus my own gear because he was having a hard time on a hump. All that. I wanted it all and got it in abundance. But that grenadier made the hump. So did a lot of others, because we did it as a team. No droppers. A Brotherhood. Thses are many of MY reasons for joining the Corps.

Right now there's two Sgt Murphy's playing the Marine Corps Hymn.
    One is mine, the other is AJ's.
    I think there as many reason for enlisting into the Marine Corps as there's Marines.
    You don't join, you enlist than if you meet the standards of the Marine Corps, you are given the privilege to wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor the emblem of our beloved Marine Corps
    I think to the man or woman, we enlisted because we set high standards for ourselves.
    Even to this day, we set standards that some think are too high.
    To them they are too high, to us they seem reachable standards.
    A little voice from my past keeps remind me that things are done because they need doing, not for reward.
    "I won't give you any award or medal for doing your job!"
    My company commander in Golf/2/1, that the way it should be.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

I love Sgt Murphy! I'm having a friend babysit mine while I'm at PI.
    Cute little rodent.

I feel indebted to our forefathers, the fighters of the Revolution. George Washington is my hero. Seeing if I can make it as one of the "few and proud" is the least I can do for all those that have gone before me.
    I want to defend this country and the liberty that everyone deserves and am willing to fight and die for it. Like Nathan Hale said at the gallows, "My only regret is that I have but one life to lose for my country."
    The Curtis family had been in every major war in American History. French and Indian, Revolution, Civil, WW1, WW2, Viet Nam. My dad and I will have been the only Marines as far as I can trace.
    I can't wait to graduate bootcamp and then go onto a East Coast tour: Trenton, Valley Forge, Yorktown, Bunker/Breeds Hill, Gettysburg. It will probably mean so much more to me than it already does since I'll be in the military. *sigh* I can't wait.

One of my favorite General from a war that almost tore the nation apart.

Here's a ballad to that General;
    http://www.joshua.lurker00.com/jlcballad.htm

That the Nation survided the bloody battle of Gettysburg was the action he took to secure the flank he was assign to hold at all cost...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

Smile

Why do I want to become a US MARINE?

Im leaving for boot camp to Parris Island on June 21st. I remember being in 6th grade and watching a Marine walk into my class room door . He told us about his life and how proud he was of it. His pride. The way he represented himself. His confidence. The uniform. Everything about the Marine pulled me in. Beings so amazed and intranced I went home and told my father about it. I guess he was soo happy that I was being soo overwhelmed with excitement over something good for me rather than boys. Right then I told him "I'm gonna be a Marine". Ever since then I plastered my walls with posters and pictures of them to remind myself what I wanted and not to lose sight of it. Freshman year I began training as hard as I could. Played many sports, weightraining, and running. Now I'm a senior and graduating soon. I was the first in my class to know what I was doing after highschool. I'm patiently waiting for a month to go by to leave for PI and become what I dreamed about doing since 6th grade. I never seen my father soo proud.. His little girl is finally doing what she told him. On her way to the USMC.....

-------

MAY 3 1898= Lt Dion Williams and Marines from the USS Baltimore raised the American flag over Cavite, Philippines.
    ^ Cavite, Philippines..... my home land baby!!! i was meant for the USMC

The question is not why would you want to, but why WOULDN'T you want to? I have people of other services telling me how much better our uniforms are (especially dress), and the amount of respect I get is more than even imaginable. Why do something and not be the best? As Roger would say, "It comes from within you."

Semper Fi,

Joe

Thread Information