Credits
    Savings

Corpsman Down

My version of Cut & Paste, please read.

http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTop...8&m=3861990395

S/F,
    Dick

Laamie your link some folks would not know how to get to your post
    So I'm posting your post, that all can see and reply for this Corpsman.....
    I hope you don't mind.........

Laamie

Corpsman "down"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not really good at expressing myself, but I'll try.

I met a Corpsman last week who stood in the belly of the demon himself. When the call for "Corpsman Up" came across those killing fields in Vietnam, he was there to render help to the fallen Marine. That was 1967, Indy 3/7, operation DeSota.

Today, 2002, San Diego, he has nothing but his memories. He is homeless, his father is careing for him the best he can, & from what I could gather, very few friends. He is NOT an alcholic or caught up in some other form of self destruction or usage. In my opinion, he has full blown cronic ptsd. Yet he is in denial of this & won't seek help through the VA system. He is afraid of the word "government" and anything associated with it. I have my reasons for that that last sentence, it is not necessary to relate what was said to me by Doc.

So why am I writing this? Don't really know, just can't leave him laying on that battlefield of memories. I'm asking or requesting this, Marines.
    If you have a few spare moments of time, say a prayer for him or write him a letter thanking him for giving so much of himself to keep his brothers alive. He stood by us when we were hunkered down, now it is time for us to stand by him when he has been hunkered down for way to many years.

I will not give his name out. But if you will e-mail me, I will forward his address to you. Just let him know someone cares.
    DickOassHill724@webtv.net
    S/F,
    Dick
    btw: He has no phone, he has no idea what a "Laamie" is. He is not on the internet. My name is not necessary in any card or letter to him. Also, I want to clarify, I was not a Marine of I-3/7. He came to our Battery after 7 months with 3/7.
    posted Friday, 20 September 2002 11:53

Prayers on the way............

Sempers,

Roger

Registered User Free Member Laamie's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thanks

Don't know what happened to my original post. Maybe one must be logged in?

You da man, Roger!
    S/F,
    Dick

Bro

I just dropped a line or two in the tube to ya !! Hope it helps the Doc....

Thread Information