DoD Identifies Marine Casualties - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    No. 918-04
    Sep 17, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
    The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Cpl. Jaygee Meluat, 24, of Tamuning, Guam, died Sept. 13 due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. He was assigned to 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

For further information related to this Marine contact the Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 922-04
    Sep 17, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

1st Lieutenant Andrew K. Stern, 24, of Germantown, Tenn., died Sept. 16 from injuries received due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. He was assigned to 1st Tank Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif.

For further information contact the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms Public Affairs Office at (760) 830-6213

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 925-04
    Sep 18, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cpl. Christopher S. Ebert, 21, of Mooresboro, N.C., died Sept. 17 due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Ebert was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

For further information related to this Marine contact the Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 924-04
    Sep 18, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Department of Defense announced today the death a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Cpl. Steven A. Rintamaki, 21, of Lynnwood, Wash., died Sept 16 due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Rintamaki was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 926-04
    Sep 20, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lance Cpl. Gregory C. Howman, 28, of Charlotte, N.C., died Sept. 15 due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Howman was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 929-04
    Sep 22, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lance Cpl. Steven C. T. Cates, 22, of Mount Juliet, Tenn., died Sept. 20 due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Cates was assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.

For further information related to this Marine contact the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms Public Affairs Office at (760) 830-6213.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Unhappy In memory of Cpl Steven Rintamaki

He was a young "kid" I knew, came to my cabin with my daughters for bonfires....my youngest took a liking to him, claiming he was one of the least judgemental people she had ever met...I liked him...he stayed at my home the night before he left for boot camp...i remember telling him Thank You for doing what takes courage and strength...not only for what you believe in...but because he was hoping for a better life for himself than what was here...I am saddened and sickened at the way this has turned out...confused and tormented at times by someone i barely knew but haunts me in my own daily living...why...maybe to be grateful for the here and now...appreciative of those who do what i wouldnt...i am really not sure...but i find myself being a little angry too...and maybe those who read this will know why and at who...
    The point is ...Someone who was a Soldier before a Marine died..unjustfully...and I for one am sad, grateful, and apppreciative of that...God Bless those you left behind Steve...
    You are somewhere we all hope to be someday....
    Thank You for your friendship to my daughters..your friends...and all that you have done for those who may not give a damn...
    Hats off...forever...
    CN

Subject: DoD Identifies Marine Casualties

NEWS RELEASE from the United States Department of Defense

No. 955-04
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Sep 25, 2004
    Media Contact: Marine Corps Public Affairs - (703) 614-4309
    Public/Industry Contact: (703)428-0711

DoD Identifies Marine Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the death of four Marines who were
    supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Aaron Boyles, 24, of Alameda, Calif.

Sgt. Timothy Folmar, 21, of Sonora, Texas.

Lance Cpl. Ramon Mateo, 20, of Suffolk, N.Y.

2nd Lieutenant Ryan Leduc, 28, of Pana, Ill.

All four Marines died Sept. 24. Boyles, Folmar, and Mateo were killed as result
    of enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Leduc died as result of a non-combat
    vehicle accident in Rutbah, Iraq.

Boyles and Mateo were assigned to Headquarters and Service Company, 7th Marine
    Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air
    Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif.

Folmar was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I
    Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Leduc was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 10th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II
    Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For further information related to Boyles and Mateo contact the Marine Corps Air
    Ground Combat Center Public Affairs Office at (760) 830-6213.

For further information related to Folmar contact the Marine Corps Base Camp
    Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

For further information related to Leduc contact the 2nd Marine Division Public
    Affairs Officer at (910) 451-9033.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Marine Killed in Anbar Province
    American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Sept. 23, 2004 -- A U.S. Marine with the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force in Baghdad was killed today while conducting security and stability operations in the Anbar province in Iraq, military officials reported today.

The name of the Marine killed is being withheld pending next-of-kin notification.

Three leaders of a known terrorist network and some 20 other individual were detained during cordon and search operations in the Mosul neighborhood of Al Intisar Sept. 21.

Soldiers from the 3rd Brigade's 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment, arrested the leaders as they met in a local office building. Military officials say intelligence documents were confiscated during a search of the office.

Also in Mosul Sept. 21, multinational forces from the Stryker Brigade Combat Team) of the 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, detained several individuals wanted for anti-Iraqi activities in the city.

A variety of weapons and munitions were collected during the arrest.

Elsewhere, soldiers from 1st Squadron, 14th Cavalry Regiment, discovered a 120 mm artillery round during a patrol west of Mosul. An explosive ordnance disposal team from the unit secured the round for destruction.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Subject: DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

No. 946-04
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Sep 23, 2004

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was

Sgt. Benjamin K. Smith, 24, of Carterville, Ill., died Sept. 22 due to
    enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Smith was assigned to 1st Tank Battalion,
    1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat
    Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.

For further information related to this Marine contact the Marine Corps
    Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms Public Affairs Office at (760) 830-6213.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Subject: DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

No. 968-04
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Sep 29, 2004

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was

Pfc. Kenneth L. Sickels, 20, of Apple Valley, Calif., died Sept. 27 due
    to a non-combat related incident in Al Anbar Privince, Iraq. He was assigned to
    1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, Marine Corps Air Ground
    Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.

The incident is under investigation.

For further information related to this Marine contact the Marine Corps
    Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms Public Affairs Office at (760) 830-6213.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 1009-04
    Oct 10, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Pfc. Andrew Halverson, 19, of Grant, Wis. died Oct 9 as result of enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Halverson was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

For further contact the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Oct 13, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two Marines who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Pfc. Oscar A. Martinez, 19, of North Lauderdale, Fla.

Cpl. Ian T. Zook, 24, of Port St. Lucie, Fla.

Both Marines died Oct. 12 as result of enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. Martinez was assigned to I Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif. Zook was assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.

For further information on Martinez, contact the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044. For further information on Zook, contact the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms Public Affairs Office at (760) 830-6213.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 1026-04
    Oct 14, 2004
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Department of Defense announced today the death of three Marines, who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Daniel R. Wyatt, 22, of Calendonia, Wis., died on Oct. 12 due to enemy action in Babil Province, Iraq. Wyatt was assigned to Marine Corps Reserve’s 2nd Battalion, 24th Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division in Chicago, Ill.

2nd Lt. Paul M. Felsberg, 27, of West Palm Beach, Fla., and Lance Cpl. Victor A. Gonzalez, 19, of Watsonville, Calif., died on Oct. 13 as result of enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. They were assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force of Camp Pendleton, Calif.

For further information related to Wyatt, contact the Marine Forces Reserve public affairs office at (504) 678-0700. For further information about Felsberg or Gonzalez, contact the Camp Pendleton public affairs office at (760) 725-5044.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Never a good read but a necessary one. Thanks for the post. May they rest in immortal peace.

Thread Information