DoD Identifies Marine Casualties - Page 13
Create Post
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    If anyone hears anything about when they are doing the services for these marine PLEASE LET ME......i knew some of these Marine and I live about an 40-45 minutes from where they drill out of.

No. 472-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 13, 2005
    DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. John T. Schmidt III, 21, of Brookfield, Conn., died May 11 from wounds received as a result of an explosion while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Al Anbar Province, Iraq, on Jan. 30. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, Schmidt’s unit was attached to 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force.

Media with questions about this Marine can call the 2nd Marine Division Public Affairs Office at (910) 451-9033.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
    The Department of Defense announced today the death of four Marines who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Pfc. Christopher R. Dixon, 18, of Columbus, Ohio

Lance Cpl. Nicholas B. Erdy, 21, of Williamsburg, Ohio

Lance Cpl. Jonathan W. Grant, 23, of Santa Fe, N.M.

Lance Cpl. Jourdan L. Grez, 24, of Harrisonburg, Va.

All Marines were killed May 11 when their amphibious assault vehicle struck an explosive device while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Karabilah, Iraq.

Dixon and Erdy were assigned to Marine Forces Reserve’s 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Columbus, Ohio. Grant was assigned to Marine Forces Reserve’s 4th Reconnaissance Battalion, 4th Marine Division, Albuquerque, N.M., and Grez was assigned to Marine Forces Reserve’s 4th Combat Engineer Battalion, 4th Marine Division, Roanoke, Va.

For Operation Iraqi Freedom, these Marines’ units were attached to Regimental Combat Team 2, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward).

Media with questions about these Marines can call the Marine Forces Reserve Public Affairs Office at (504) 678-4178.

Ellie

May They Rest In Peace

No. 518-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    May 25, 2005
    Media Contact: Marine Corps Public Affairs - (703) 614-4309
    Public/Industry Contact: (703)428-0711

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Sgt. Christopher S. Perez, 30, of Hutchinson, Kan., died May 23 from wounds received as a result of an indirect fire attack while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Ramadi, Iraq. He was assigned to Headquarters
    and Service Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Media with questions about this Marine can call the 2nd Marine Division Public Affairs Office at (910) 451-9033.

Ellie

Rest In PeaCE

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

First Sgt. Michael S. Barnhill, 39, of Folsom, Calif., died May 28 after his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device near Haqlaniyah, Iraq. He was assigned to the Marine Forces Reserve's 6th Engineer Support Battalion, 4th Force Service Support Group, Eugene, Ore. During Operation Iraqi Freedom his unit was attached to 2nd FSSG, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward).

Media with questions about this Marine can call the Marine Forces Reserve Public Affairs Office at (504) 678-4178.

No. 538-05
    May 31, 2005
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cpl. Jeffrey B. Starr, 22, of Snohomish, Wash., died May 30 from small-arms fire while conducting combat operations against enemy forces near Ar Ramadi, Iraq. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif. During Operation Iraqi Freedom his unit was attached to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward).

Media with questions about this Marine can call the Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

Ellie

Rest in Peace

No. 560-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 6, 2005

Cpl. Antonio Mendoza, 21, of Santa Ana, Calif., died June 3 at Brook Army Medical Center, San Antonio, from wounds received as a result of an explosion while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Ar Ramadi, Iraq, on Feb. 22. At the time of his injury, Mendoza was assigned to 5th Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Media with questions about this Marine can call the Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

Rest In Peace

Ellie

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    This is one discusion thread I do not look forward to. But I read it anyway to honor those that are listed. God Bless Them and keep them one and all.

NEWS RELEASE from the United States Department of Defense
    No. 584-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Jun 10, 2005

The Department of Defense announced today the death of five Marines who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Dustin V. Birch, 22, of Saint Anthony, Idaho

Lance Cpl. Daniel Chavez, 20, of Seattle, Wash.

Lance Cpl. Thomas O. Keeling, 23, of Strongsville, Ohio

Lance Cpl. Devon P. Seymour, 21, of St. Louisville, Ohio

Cpl. Brad D. Squires, 26, of Middleburg Heights, Ohio

All five Marines died June 9 as a result of an explosion while conducting combat operations with 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), in Haqlaniyah, Iraq.

Keeling, Seymour, and Squires were assigned to Marine Forces Reserve's 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Akron, Ohio.

Birch was assigned to Marine Forces Reserve's 4th Tank Battalion, 4th Marine Division, Boise, Idaho. Chavez was assigned to 1st Tank Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Media with questions about Keeling, Seymour, Squires, and Birch can call the Marine Forces Reserve Public Affairs Office at (504) 678-4178. Media with questions about Chavez can call the Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760)
    725-5044.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two Marines who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Mario A. Castillo, 20, of Brownwood, Texas

Lance Cpl. Andrew J. Kilpela, 22, of Fowerville, Mich.

Both Marines died June 10 as a result of an explosion while conducting combat operations in Saqlawiyah, Iraq. They were assigned to 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Media with questions about these Marines can call the 2nd Marine Division Public Affairs Office at (910) 451-9033.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Registered User Free Member Cheezballz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    That's crazy i knew both Marines, i got an e-mail from my buddy 2day. He's at 2nd CEB and told me, i didn't believe him so i checked here and it saddened me. I'll never forget them. Kilpela was in Okinawa with me and Castillo was in MOS school with me.

No. 607-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 15, 2005

Pfc. Joshua P. Klinger, 21, from Easton, Pa., died June 14 as a result of an explosion from an improvised explosive device while conducting combat operations against enemy forces near Fallujah, Iraq. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 610-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 16, 2005

The Department of Defense announced today the death of four Marines who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Jonathan R. Flores, 18, of San Antonio, Texas
    Cpl. Jesse Jaime, 22, of Henderson, Nev.
    Cpl. Tyler S. Trovillion, 23, of Richardson, Texas
    Lance Cpl. Dion M. Whitley, 21, of Los Angeles, Calif.

All four Marines died June 15 when their vehicle hit an improvised explosive device while conducting combat operations near Ar Ramadi, Iraq. All four Marines were assigned to 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, their unit was operating with the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division of the U.S. Army, which was attached to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward).

Media with questions about these Marines can call the Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

May They Rest In Peace

Ellie

NEWS RELEASE from the United States Department of Defense

No. 614-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Jun 17, 2005

Pfc. Nathan B. Clemons, 20, of Winchester, Tenn., died June 14 from wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle while conducting combat operations against enemy forces near Ar Rutbah, Iraq. He was assigned to the 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 618-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 17, 2005
    Media with questions about these Marines can call the Camp Pendleton Public Affairs Office at (760) 725-5044.

Lance Cpl. Chad B. Maynard, 19, of Montrose, Colo., died June 15 when his vehicle hit an improvised explosive device while conducting combat operations near Ar Ramadi, Iraq. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

During Operation Iraqi Freedom, his unit was operating with the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division of the U.S. Army, which was attached to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward).

Ellie

Rest In Peace

No. 624-05
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 20, 2005

Lance Cpl. Adam J. Crumpler, 19, from Charleston, W.Va., died June 18 as a result of small-arms fire while conducting combat operations against enemy forces during Operation Spear in Karabilah, Iraq. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Media with questions about this Marines can call the 2nd Marine Division Public Affairs Office at (910) 451-9033.

Ellie

Rest In Peace

Thread Information