Guide at Boot Camp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by HardJedi
    nope. never saw a guide in boot call cadence either.
    Learn something new everyday! Sorry about that one.

-Lake

Ummm Lake? Are you saying that YOU have been through Marine Corps Boot Camp? and That i and two other MARINES are wrong?

Saurian'sEdge
    Guest Free Member
    I got to carry the company guidon for about two weeks, and I'm only 5'3". Knocked a guy completely out of the close quarters ring. I was the house mouse also. I wasn't a guide but it might have to do with respect.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by HardJedi
    Ummm Lake? Are you saying that YOU have been through Marine Corps Boot Camp? and That i and two other MARINES are wrong?
    No, not in the least. I would never disrespect the Marines on these boards. You guys are really nice, I dont care what Baumy or Cas3 says about you! (LOL!)

I was saying the exact opposite. I said "Learn something new everyday!" - meaning I just learned something new, I was under the impression that Guide calls cadence at MCRD, and I was wrong. Then I apologized for giving wrong information to another Poolee.

Sorry, I never meant to confuse you old-timers. Have a good one!

-Lake

Registered User Free Member alanUSMCDEP03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Lake, you give a lot of advice for someone who hasn't been to Bootcamp, and it's often incorrect. Just a tip, maybe you should let the Marines give out the tips and advice, and you just listen to them. I know when I ask for info on these forums, I'm not looking for another Poolee to answer, I'm wanting a Marine, someone who has been there and done that, to answer me.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Alan,
    Lake does have some good info, too. He is not often wrong. I do think it is a better idea for the current or prior service Marines to answer most of the questions. Lake's done some studying, so don't totally discount his answers.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Our guide got picked because the DT's caught him pi$$ing on the side of the barracks.

They said any body that would do something like that with them around has BALL$

I carried about 2 days in 1st phase, couldn't march in a straight line even with the 1st squad leader giving me corrections, so wound up back in ranks.

Terry

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by alanUSMCDEP03
    Lake, you give a lot of advice for someone who hasn't been to Bootcamp, and it's often incorrect. Just a tip, maybe you should let the Marines give out the tips and advice, and you just listen to them. I know when I ask for info on these forums, I'm not looking for another Poolee to answer, I'm wanting a Marine, someone who has been there and done that, to answer me.
    Now listen brotherman, I'm not here to try and tell people what they should and shouldnt do. I'm just trying to spread some of what I've learned.

If it really bothers you that much then just ignore the posts that I have my name included, ya know? I apologize if I upset you, but I feel I've earned my pull around here, along with the right to help the other Poolees when I can. Sorry.

-Lake

im 5'6

Registered User Free Member 2ndplacesucks's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    5'4"

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    im 5'9

Serving as the Guide for your platoon is all about LEADERSHIP. When you arrive at PI or San Diego you'll be introduced to the principles of Marine Corps leadership and the leadership traits. But, remember this, before you can lead you have to be able to follow. The best advice I can give all of you is the advice that my recruiter gave me: Do EXACTLY what you are told, as fast as you can; nothing more and nothing less. You will come to know this phrase very well if you don't heed my words: "Good initiative, bad judgement," followed, of course, by a fun trip to the quarter deck or the pit. Remember that the Guide is a model recruit, someone that all the other recruits can look up to; he may not be the fastest, the strongest, or the smartest, but, he LISTENS to the DI's, he FOLLOWS their orders to the letter, he has DISCIPLINE and MOTIVATION. Belive me, what I tell you here works, I served as Guide, and was the Honor Graduate for my platoon; you can do it to. Stay motivated and PT, good luck to you all on your road to becoming a United States Marine.

What are you talking about Lake? Recruits don't call cadence, that is why you have highly motivated Drill Instructors... unless you're in MRP or PCP or something, I did see their recruits calling cadence on the way to chow.

Registered User Free Member 1recon's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    What is MRP?

Thread Information