Reserves
Create Post

Thread: Reserves

Registered User Free Member 1recon's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Reserves

I am going to be going into the reserves for one year after I get out of Boot Camp, for college. The problem is that I already had an I&I interview at a reserve station in Londonderry NH, because I was Planning on going to college over here, but I am going to college in California now. So I was wondering if it is possible to change reserve stations. Any info any one has on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It is possible, Poolee. I was originally slated for a unit in Erie, PA, and had my interview before I went to boot. In boot, I was granted a change of Units, due to the fact that the Unit was more than 150 miles away from school. I wasn't able to keep the same MOS, as I was transferred to an Infantry Unit in Harrisburg, and I wasn't able to choose my MOS. Also, they may not let you if you have a sign on bonus, because there is a good possbility you will lose it. Hope this helps.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks that helps a lot. I wasn't sure if it was possible or not. Now I see it is. Thanks again

Credits
    Savings
    RoboRobinson17, I was wondering also how long it takes to transfer?

Thread Information