Cut the "Hanoi John" BS
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Cut the "Hanoi John" BS

Those of you who think that Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh and Fox New Channel are "real news' will be disappointed to read the following:

For senators, Vietnam bond cuts party ties

By TOM BAXTER
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    : 04/10/04
    WASHINGTON -- When the Bush campaign opened its attack on Sen. John Kerry with the charge that he was soft on military matters, two Republican senators and fellow Vietnam veterans rose to defend the Democratic nominee.
    Sen. John McCain of Arizona decried the "negativity" of both parties and called Kerry "a good and decent man," stirring speculation the maverick Republican might become Kerry's running made.
    "I've never seen a John Kerry who was weak on defense," Sen. Chuck Hagel, who is co-chairman of the Nebraska Bush campaign, said in an interview. "You can take Kerry on on a lot of issues, but let's be fair about this."
    This was not the first time the Senate Vietnam veterans — a group that has dwindled from six to three with the retirement of Bob Kerrey of Nebraska and the defeat of Max Cleland of Georgia in 2002 and Chuck Robb of Virginia in 2000 — have crossed party lines when one of their number was under fire.
    "We are an informal band of brothers, among the current and former senators," Cleland said recently.
    When the charge that McCain had been brainwashed in a Hanoi prison — that he was a real-life version of "The Manchurian Candidate" — circulated in the 2000 South Carolina Republican presidential primary, his colleagues of both parties signed a letter denouncing the allegation.
    When Kerrey, the Nebraska Democrat, admitted in 2001 that civilians were killed on a 1969 raid by a Navy SEAL team he commanded, Kerry, who opposed the war after returning from Vietnam, said a deeper inquiry into his colleague's record would serve no point. Cleland and Hagel took the same view, although McCain said he would leave the matter to the Pentagon.
    "You'd have to investigate the whole war," if the details of Kerrey's involvement were pursued, Kerry said.
    In 2002, when Cleland's face was superimposed with those of Osama bin Ladin and Saddam Hussein in a campaign ad for now-Sen. Saxby Chambliss, Hagel and McCain angrily demanded it be taken off the air.
    "Every time the going gets rough, these guys stand up for each other," said historian Douglas Brinkley, who contemplated writing a book on the six current and former U.S. senators who served in Vietnam, before narrowing his focus to one of them with "Tour of Duty: John Kerry and the Vietnam War."
    All six veterans saw combat, including Robb, who assumed command of a Marine rifle company four months after marrying President Lyndon Johnson's daughter Lynda Bird in 1967. He was awarded a bronze star.
    "Knowing what each of us went through has formed a very personal and special bond in a way no other experience could," said Hagel, who pulled his own brother from a burning personnel carrier in a 1968 action in which both were wounded.
    Cleland lost three limbs in a grenade accident, McCain spent 5 1/2 years of often tortuous confinement, and Kerrey lost a leg, for which he was awarded the Medal of Honor.
    The veterans haven't always taken each other's side. McCain, offended by Kerry's anti-war positions, campaigned against him in Kerry's first Senate race in 1984. But within the small club of the U.S. Senate, the veterans — none of whom knew each other during their service in Vietnam — found themselves drawn together by common concerns.
    "I think each of us takes our experiences that we had in Vietnam seriously, in the sense that we may have even more of an obligation to think through these big geopolitical issues, and more importantly, ask the tough questions," Hagel said.
    While the veterans have seen a lot of each other over the years, Hagel said he can remember only three times they have formally caucused as a group: twice with regard to international issues in Southeast Asia and once on a defense issue.
    Cleland, who according to Brinkley has become Kerry's "best friend at this point on the campaign trail," blames "the Bush crowd" for his defeat, Robb's loss to Republican Sen. George Allen and McCain's loss to Bush in the 2000 South Carolina presidential primary.
    Although McCain and Hagel have been critical of the Bush administration on several fronts, they walk a finer line, defending their Democratic comrades only in cases they say are unfair or personal.
    In a future election year, the price of loyalty could be reversed. Hagel was considered as a possible running mate for Bush four years ago and has been mentioned as a potential presidential candidate.
    The controversy over the ad that attacked Cleland's homeland security record illustrates where the bonds of war-time experience end and politics begins. Cleland says McCain and Hagel threatened to cut a commercial in his defense when Chambliss aired the commercial against him two years ago.
    Hagel, while not confirming that detail, said he "did strenuously resist" and spoke with both Chambliss and Sen. Bill Frist, who then chaired the Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee, about "the very bad, irresponsible and disgusting commercial." The matter was closed, he said, when Chambliss' campaign recut the commercial and removed the offending visuals.
    Both Hagel and Chambliss, who sit next to each other on the Senate Intelligence Committee, say they now have a cordial relationship.
    "That episode is over," Hagel said last week.

Come on now, you get on those that think the right wing news is reliable, and use a leftist publication to back your point? While there is no neutral observer in journalism today, neither side is any more off base than the other. And using a quote from a man that still hates Bush for beating him isn't likely to get me on their side. Kerry's actions are deplorable, and I hope and pray that American's are smart enough to avoid sending him to the White House.

Cut the "Hanoi John" BS
    NO! Are we Crystal? NO!

The fact that Kerry's fellow politicians have one view of him doesn't mean MY view of him is incorrect, from what I have seen. If you want to believe that man is good for the nation, then vote for him. I shall counter your vote, and keep him OUT of presidential office. I don't care what those politicians and ex-politicians say.

Perhaps you could explain the VVAW meeting in Kansas City, where assassination was placed on the agenda for discussion? John Kerry denyed being there, until FBI surveillence information surfaced, then he backed down, and said he just didn't remember. He claimed he left VVAW then, and never went back.

Okay, lets grant him his "exit". Where is the evidence that he went to authorities with this heinous plan against duly elected members of Congress? Surely there would be an FBI fact sheet or some local police blotter report with his reporting the conspiracy to kill U.S. Senators. Where is that report? He himself became a senator. Does he rest well having been party to such a discussion?

The answer is, he just walked away, and told no one who could have countered the plot. The fact that it never happened doesn't change anything. Kerry KNEW of it. Where is his self proclaimed "integrity", which brought him to the leadership position in the Vietnam Era anti-war movement?

I'll refer to JF Kerry as "Hanoi John" if it suits me. Since your side continues the name calling against President Bush, I shall counter it. Do what you wish.

come now gents these are men who have been in combat who have lost limbs and have been kept prisoner. it wasn't j. kerry who left the P.O.W.s behind it was our own country. and i have read that it was j.kerry. our own presidents past and present who have not tried hard enough..and as far as 9-11 our security failed to heed the warning. i could say YOUR security failed since it was the republicans in the white house but i won't say it......and we are at war for what! WMDs that we helped provide to him when he was at war with iran as i was told......... and don't tell me about the terrorist because they have been here for a long time. we can't watch them all but we sure can protect whats important. now is that simple or is it not....and i was told in another post that we should attack terrorist where ever we find them. do we have enough resources to honestly do that. i would like an answer to that.....hell. we would be fighting almost every country if we did that.....its easier said than done....the mouse

dc:
    Thanks for making a decision which side of the aisle you are on. I now can see where some of your voice comes from. You are a Democrat.
    i could say YOUR security failed since it was the republicans in the white house but i won't say it
    Thanks for taking a stand.

MAJMike

Cut the "Hanoi John" BS
    Those of you who think that Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh and Fox New Channel are "real news' will be disappointed to read the following:

In a pigs eye I will, I will dig John Frog Kerry every chance I get.

The Kennedy connection

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Posted at: Sunday, April 11, 2004, 10:15 PM
    Don’t expect Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) to fade from the Kerry campaign anytime soon.

“I have told my staff that the most important use of my time between now and November is electing John Kerry,” Kennedy told The New York Times.

Republicans, eager to stamp a liberal label on Kerry, couldn’t be happier.

“The more Teddy Kennedy on the campaign trail, the better,” said Rep. Tom DeLay of Texas, the House majority leader.

— From news services
    Permalink | Categories: Kerry

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/cust...rry/index.html

namgrunt

that news to me since i am not registered as a democrat or republican. maybe i should register as a democrat then every one who has called me one would be right,,,the mouse

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Republicans, eager to stamp a liberal label on Kerry, couldn’t be happier. “The more Teddy Kennedy on the campaign trail, the better,” said Rep. Tom DeLay of Texas, the House majority leader.

Kerry's liberal leanings are not news to anyone. If the Republicans want to spend time and effort branding him a liberal, go ahead.

Teddy boy gets press. Press is free advertising. The more Teddy Kennedy on the campaign trail, the better.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs down Eff John Kerry!

The day John Kerry becomes our President is the day I will become a Canadian citizen. I'd rather burn in hell than have that man as my President. And what would Ted Kennedy know? Shouldn't that man be in prison for murder while drinking and driving? Politicians are ALL SCUM BAGS. They are so out of touch with reality and mainstream America it makes me sick.

Originally posted by d c taveapont
    we can't watch them all but we sure can protect whats important.
    I know this is kinda off topic, but anyone who has served in a security mos will tell you, you can't protect ANYTHING. Security is designed MOSTLY to catch people after the have attempted something. and by that time alot of damage is done.

After having served as security at two different Nuke facilites, I can tell you that getting INTO those places is no real challenge, getting OUT again is the problem

d c taveapont

that news to me since i am not registered as a democrat or republican. maybe i should register as a democrat then every one who has called me one would be right,,,the mouse

Be all you can be, sorry, that's the Army slogan. d c taveapont you can register any way that you want, it's your choice, if you don't vote then don't Bi*ch. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

dc:
    If you are an Independent, then why didn't you write "big political parties in the white house", rather than "republicans in the white house"? That would have made your point immediately, and declared your indepedence from major party politics.

If you support Nader, or whomever else is not properly represented in the media blitz, then make your own candidate known. By God, stand up for him or her, and let us know why you choose that person. Your original response sounded like a shot from the other "large" political party, so I called it as I saw it at that time.

brother. i am done as i said in my post to you.....on the WMDs post.......the mouse

d c taveapont

brother. i am done as i said in my post to you.....on the WMDs post.......the mouse

Don't quit now, be all you can be, didn't I say that before, Army Slogan?

Message received and acknowledged, mouse. It is Finished!

My posts in this thread have nothing to do with the subject of your thread about WMDs. You must be precise, brother, or you will miss the target every time.

I will not address you any further about this thread either, if that is what bothers you. No answer is required in response to this message.

Over and out, dc.

Thread Information