What do you do in Marine Security Forces? - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Thank you for your responses The Wookie, and SlingerDun. I agree I dont want to fail out of Security Forces in order to get my wish, I was hoping there was another way but am prepared to do what the Marine Corps needs.

Quote Originally Posted by pwineman View Post
    Thank you for your responses The Wookie, and SlingerDun. I agree I dont want to fail out of Security Forces in order to get my wish, I was hoping there was another way but am prepared to do what the Marine Corps needs.
    Don't feel bad, Leather, most Marines who go to SF duty have no clue what they are getting themselves into. There are lots of rumors out there, but not as many facts. You could get lucky, if you are a hard charger, and go to FAST, or you could get "unlucky" and spend a few years walking post and/or possibility guarding special nuclear weapons and/or assets. Either way, it is what you make it. Go there with an open mind, train hard, and see what happens.

Thank you wookie I have been searching the internet for information about SF for awhile now, and thats the best advice I have heard so far.

i am currently enilsted for mcsf..i am going as a pfc due to college yrs ..is it possible to switch to msg duty after doing 2 yrs of mcsf?

this week I am getting my Security Forces contract so it will be garunteed. Going in as PFC.

Nothing in the Marines is guaranteed.

Im thinking about making this my MOS to, so after Boot Camp i would go to VA? Also to can i get my bachelors degree during my time training? Im just trying to figure out what my path would be after Basic.

Quote Originally Posted by ALWrestler View Post
    cna i get my bachelors degree during my time training?
    The training days at the SF Training Center are very full -- typically the day starts at 0500 with PT and they end somewhere around 1800 after chow. And once the day "ends" and you're released to the barracks then the fun really starts with field days, various types of inspections, and night time remedial training/incentive PT. You are going to be fully immersed in all things security related and it's a lot for your brain housing group. So, if you think you're going to have time to focus on the training, and some college courses, you are sadly mistaken. I'm not saying it is not possible -- I am saying it's not worth your time, and very likely you won't have time. You will have time once you get done with school and get checked into your SF unit.

Many Marines fail out of Security Forces school, and if you do you can go to the grunts in the fleet and explain to your new First Sergeant why you failed.

Quote Originally Posted by ALWrestler View Post
    can i get my bachelors degree during my time training?
    Whoa! Dude! How long is this SF school??
    I didn't go there, went to a place called Sea School. Evenings were devoted to studying what faced us in the upcoming days, and squaring away stuff that didn't get done on the bosses time. And of course learning how to shine in a grey rust bucket full of Swabbies
    Yeah, like Sgt. Wook said

well, my recruiter said that it will say "security forces" on my contract.

Quote Originally Posted by eranquist View Post
    well, my recruiter said that it will say "security forces" on my contract.
    Tell that to your DI's.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Tell that to your DI's.
    well, I figure if I qualify for the job and I have it on my contract that they can not take that from me.. I got my contract that said "Marine Corps Security Forces" yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by eranquist View Post
    well, I figure if I qualify for the job and I have it on my contract that they can not take that from me.. I got my contract that said "Marine Corps Security Forces" yesterday.

LMAO The Corps puts you where they need you...regardless of whats Guaranteed ! (its called the "needs of the service") Once you Graduate boot camp your Uncle Sams.

Quote Originally Posted by sabbs88 View Post
    Is it true that MCSF is a 5 year contract instead of 4? I heard you have to serve 2 15-month tours. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    NO i do not believe so i mean my MOS is MCSF and im on a 8 year contract
    4 year active and 4 year IRR.
    June 1st off to MCRD PI

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I'll answer this in the open in case it answers another Marines question.

NCO's do not stand a typical post/duty, they do the COG/SOG thing.

I don't know about rent prices/apartment info around there, but the Kings Bay area is very nice and 700 bucks might not get you much -- I went there for a few weeks back in 98 to do a MTT for their DM's and CQB guys.
    do u have a youtube channel? lol i seen something on there that says thewookie as there youtube name so jw

Thread Information