What do you do in Marine Security Forces? - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    i am heading to boot soon for mcsf do i have any guarantees after bootcamp as to where they will put me.. do they offer me choices as to what i can do when i finish my schooling for it like where to be deployed?

pretty much what is a typical day in mcsf and do we get to pick where to be deployed or what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by 152statewrstler View Post
    i am heading to boot soon for mcsf
    Do you have an actual ship date for MCRD? In a previous post of yours, you said you where going to boot camp August 1st. Either you missed it, or it changed.
    And at boot camp, you train to become a Marine, not go for MCSF.

yes i ship out august 1st of next year. im doing mcsf and i was wondering like how does it work.? after i go to bootcamp and soi where do i go from there? and also after the mcsf schooling do i choose where to get deployed?

Have you read this...

Marine Corps Security Force Battalion [MCSFBn]
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...smc/mcsfbn.htm

yes, sir ive read that before so after the schooling where do i go?

Quote Originally Posted by 152statewrstler View Post
    yes, sir ive read that before so after the schooling where do i go?
    What do I have as my avatar? And did you bother to read my profile?

And you'll go where the Marine Corps wants you to go. In other words, you'll find out when the time comes.

currently im in the DEP and i would like some info on the MOS training after basic...if you arent on a FAST team what training do you get?

Fence, how about a bit more of a profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.
    And try doing a search on the site, as well as the internet, for this info. I know it's been covered here on Leatherneck before.

I work in supply at the Assault Amphibian School Battallion.

I enlisted in the Marine Corps initially as just a 0311 infantry, but in order to go to basic training early I was given security forces. Which I know nothing about, I was wondering if it is possible during SOI to somehow drop my Security Forces billet and go to the fleet as a basic Infantryman?

Quote Originally Posted by pwineman View Post
    I enlisted in the Marine Corps initially as just a 0311 infantry, but in order to go to basic training early I was given security forces. Which I know nothing about, I was wondering if it is possible during SOI to somehow drop my Security Forces billet and go to the fleet as a basic Infantryman?
    Why don't you fill out your profile so we know who you are.

Sorry just filled out my profile, I just registered real quick because I am on bootleave and wondering if I can make a change to my MOS at SOI.

Quote Originally Posted by pwineman View Post
    Sorry just filled out my profile, I just registered real quick because I am on bootleave and wondering if I can make a change to my MOS at SOI.
    Thanks. I don't think you can do it if you are under contract, but at SOI you should ask and see what they say. You could, fail out of Security Forces school and then you'd get your wish to go to the fleet as a 03 -- but I'm not recommending that.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    You could, fail out of Security Forces school and then you'd get your wish to go to the fleet as a 03 -- but I'm not recommending that
    Thought about that real hard but just couldn't get myself to do it. I figured the USMC had jobs that needed to be filled in every nook and cranny and i had been chosen and trained to hit the fleet in a "B" billet

Thread Information