What do you do in Marine Security Forces? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    What do you do? Everything they tell you to!
    Actually, I was at Bangor, too. It's classified for sure, but it's an honor to have been chosen. I did NOT enlist to get it, but was chosen through the PRP program (which probably doesn't exist anymore?).
    I loved my CO Lt. Col. Egan and our company gunny was friggin' awesome.

Any chance to wear that uniform and bear the title of United States Marine is worthy of your best. Semper Fi!

PS - learn early who is not cut out to be the best and either help them or get the heck away from them.

What does PRP standfor and repersent because my MOS UW-Security Forces PRP??? Yes PRP still does exsist...

Travelling right now, looking for a new home
    Credits
    Savings
    I was stationed at Naval Submarine Base, Kingsbay. If anyone would like know a little that I'm able to speak of, ask away.

PRP is personal reliability program, ie. Bangor, Kings Bay or Pax River.

Rota is awesome, just got back from a 6 month deployment there in Sept., went w/ my 1st FAST platoon, got to go to Germany, Portugal, Cyprus and Lebanon. FAST is sweet, great training and good deployments for the most part. I still miss the spanish women...man, most looked like models, just had to get out of Rota and go to Puerto or Seville. But anyways, like I told another guy on here, just search the forums for security forces, FAST, and prp, there's already tons of post and threads regarding this subject, and if you still have a question you want answered after than shoot me a pm, or ask it on here.

Is it true that MCSF is a 5 year contract instead of 4? I heard you have to serve 2 15-month tours. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was in security forces in two seperate places. Kingsbay Sub Base, and Guam. I was on a 4 year enlistment at the time. Not sure how it is NOW, but back then SF was an 18 month assignment. The reason I ended up in two different places was becuase the NavMag on Guam was being shut down ( I was actually the last person relieved of of a post when the base closed) so I got sent to another SF unit.

Sounds to me like the two 15 month tours you are talking about is MSG duty. a WHOLE different thing.

my contract is for security forces. i just graduated from parris island, after soi, were am i going for security forces school?? i heard norfolk. is that correct

Quote Originally Posted by sabbs88
    Is it true that MCSF is a 5 year contract instead of 4? I heard you have to serve 2 15-month tours. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    If you are going to MCSF as a B-billet on your first contract, Yes, it is for 5 years now. I believe that changed sometime last year. The idea is so that you can spend a 2 year tour with MCSFCO, then PCS and still have time to do the 03 thing with your new unit. They were running into problems because Marines would check in and at the end of their tour with MCSFCO they didn't have enough time left on their contract for the monitor to PCS them to a grunt unit before their EAS.

Anyways I'm currently stationed at Bangor, so if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Rah.

Cheasapeake...

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkrej
    my contract is for security forces. i just graduated from parris island, after soi, were am i going for security forces school?? i heard norfolk. is that correct

I go to recruit training in June. I'm signed up for MCSF PSP, Does anybody know what PSP stands for?

It's PRP not PSP, and that stands for the Personal Reliability Program. It means that once fully school trained that your going to be around nukes and have the need to get a TS clearance.

I'm not sure. My number is 0311-81502, isn't PSP Presidential Security Program?

Well, you tell me. Yesturday you was the one asking questions, today you sound like you know? The 8152 MOS is a Marine Security Force billet designator. As part of the MOS you can be selected for PRP duty. What you have and what you are going to do is another thing. Graduate boot camp and then you'll find out along the way.

sounds good sir

I have a question concerning B billet Marines, I am a Corporal in the 1100 field and i elected security forces as part of a reenlistment. Am I qualified to do a FAST or am I going to go PRP? Also what are some of the things that i can expect from the school, like am i going to be able to have a POV? I would like to deploy with security what are my chances for that?

Thread Information