What do you do in Marine Security Forces? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl McClintock View Post
    Thanks for the info
    Good luck, Marine. Security Forces is great duty for an NCO looking for a break from the fleet. Lots of schools out there in the Navy world that you'll be working in. PM me with any direct questions that you have. I might not have up to the minute site specific info. But I've been a COG/SOG, in Greece, taught at the basic security forces school, and finished up teaching at CQB school that's also located at the Training Company and where you go to basic security forces/guard school. So I'm lucky to have a pretty good grasp on things, and I still have contacts down there to confirm things.

I'll actually be heading down that way next month for some deep sea fishing, and I'll be visiting the down-range setup at the Training Company while I'm down there. Semper Fi, Marine -- good luck.

This is all very good info, but do you go to SOI first before you go to the Security Force unit? or do you go to security force school then when its time for your 3 years in infantry do you go to SOI.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoldCal View Post
    This is all very good info, but do you go to SOI first before you go to the Security Force unit? or do you go to security force school then when its time for your 3 years in infantry do you go to SOI.

Thanks
    New grunts coming from recruit training go to SOI/ITB then to MCSF school (Training Company), then their duty assignment. So when their time is up with Security Forces, they hit the fleet where they soon find out that they're considered a boot again....

Coming from the fleet as an NCO, you would just go straight to MCSF school, and then your duty assignment.

How do you get into F.A.S.T?

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Fraser View Post
    How do you get into F.A.S.T?
    You become a grunt and if your lucky you get selected for it. Some have to fight to get into it and some are just selected. They dont want Marines who do not want to be there; it lowers the morale of the unit.

hey there wookie my name is Sgt Benton I just recently went through BSG and now i work at the range here at training company your right this is a good opportunity for NCO's to get away from the fleet but for us non grunts its a waste of time. This B billet doesnt do squat for promotion, the only thing is that it is a fun thing that not a whole lot of us POGs get to do or see. I would suggest any NCO trying to go through the couse to not think of this as their B Billet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorman22 View Post
    hey there wookie my name is Sgt Benton I just recently went through BSG and now i work at the range here at training company your right this is a good opportunity for NCO's to get away from the fleet but for us non grunts its a waste of time. This B billet doesnt do squat for promotion, the only thing is that it is a fun thing that not a whole lot of us POGs get to do or see. I would suggest any NCO trying to go through the couse to not think of this as their B Billet.
    I hear ya, I never looked at it as a B Billet - back in my day the only B- Billets were MSG, Recruiter and DI Duty. I looked at it like a break from the fleet and a time to do something different. Good luck, have fun. Semper Fi

what would be the better job to pick from

Does anyone know what would be a better job? to either be a tank crewmen or marine corp marine corp security forces? i dont know witch one i should go with cause i also heard that the security forces dont get much action and they pretty much just guard stuff all the time?

Estebanalvrz -
    first...fill out all of your profile, it's in the site rules.
    Second...when using the word Marine Corps, it will be capitalized at all times.
    Third...did you use the search bar to find the answer to your questions?
    Fourth...this question really belongs in the Ask A Marine forum.

How is this MOS as far as being married and kids and such. Sounds like with all the traveling country to country that you would rarely see them, or am i mistaken and your family can be stationed with you when on this duty?

Hey i am enlistd and i ship out aug 1st.. for mcsf.. do i have any guarantees after bootcamp as to where they will put me.. do they offer me choices as to what i can do when i finish my schooling?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Are you writing this from boot camp?

No sir, i leave soon

Quote Originally Posted by 152statewrstler View Post
    Hey i am enlistd and i ship out aug 1st..
    I believe Bulkyker's comment was in reference to your Aug 1st ship date. Either you missed it or it changed.

Thread Information