Question about combat pay in Vietnam - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just HOW do you men remember what your pay was, 40 years ago?? I, was a little distracted, at the time, and didn't....and still DON'T give a SH!T!! They could have KEPT the pay.....just bring back the LIVES of those fine young MEN, I put in body bags!!!!! NO...I'll NEVER FORGET....and I'll NEVER FORGIVE!!!!.....DOC

$65 a month in 66-67

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    life was a lot cheeper back then Doc.

I'm with Doc......Who gives a flying ****?????????

bootlace15 out

1968-1969 @ Khe Sanh,Ca lu,Dong Ha,Quang Tri combat pay was $65 big ones.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I agree with you other Marines, I remember 65 dollars and I believe 18 dollars for overseas pay, or some crap like that. So about 88 moreot a month, if you counted your pay. My brother, The Gunny agrees with me on this as well, best as we can remember, he was there 68-69, I was there 69-70.

Dave

Yelp I got 65.00 a month while there...

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Combat Pay - Added $50 to $65 (per month) to the U.S. military serving in Vietnam.

You're all right.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Question about combat pay in Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Just HOW do you men remember what your pay was, 40 years ago?? I, was a little distracted, at the time, and didn't....and still DON'T give a SH!T!! They could have KEPT the pay.....just bring back the LIVES of those fine young MEN, I put in body bags!!!!! NO...I'll NEVER FORGET....and I'll NEVER FORGIVE!!!!.....DOC
    As usual I agree with Doc!!
    Didn't see the amount of combat that Doc did but I'll never forget or forgive either.
    Hell I don't even remember what my base pay was back in the states how could I remember what combat pay was. I sent all my money home to my wife anyway except for beer, liquor, and cigs when we could get them.
    It still ****es me off to think of how much a human life was worth back then and today.
    Most of the time I wish I hadn't made it back because seemed like the good ones died. So these days I try to be the best person I can be and everyday be a good influence and give back to my neighbors.
    The best complement I ever get is from my wife when she comes home and says: Honey it sure is hard to tell the truth all the time and when she has to make hard decisions she says to herself what would Buddy do?
    As long as I get her respect, my customers and you fellow Marines that's all that matters.
    Sorry about going on and on but sometime it really gets to me.
    Semper Fi Redman1

nope

I remember that you had to be in-country to get it .... being on float off the coast got you nothing extra, but there were navy personnel getting combat pay

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There was a carrier off the Gulf of Tonkin which we could see from the beach did they not get combat pay?
    Semper Fi Redman1

I remember $65.00 per month also.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Doc; I asked the ole-lady she got all my money nohow .

$65.00 a month in country or off the coast of Vietnam.

Thread Information