Pictures - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by hoytarcher45
    I was actually surprised myself that jrotc members can wear dress blues. I dont know what a cadet has to do to wear them but I'm sure as hell it aint as hard as boot camp. I know jrotc is important but I think that only Marines should be aloud to wear them, unit patches or not. In 5 weeks I'll be seeing if I can earn them myself.

IYAOYAS!

5 weeks? Whats your ship date? But im sure Seeley just didnt get those blues handed to him, I dont know much about ROTC groups but I can promise he earned them. Besides if the Corps didnt want poolees to have blues, they wouldnt give them to them.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Sheeet! I'd be smiling too if I had three young ladies on my arm!

Saurian'sEdge
    Guest Free Member
    "Rules for smiling"

1. It's OK to smile in uniform, as long as you don't show it.
    2. If an NCO says something funny, make sure that they meant for it to be funny.
    3. If a 2nd LT says something funny, let everybody know, even if they didn't mean to be funny.
    4. Never smile in formation, unless at rest or when someone breaks wind.
    5. Never smile in a working party, unless you want to be put on it again.
    6. Always smile in a working party, if you want to be put on it again.
    7. Smile at the fat chicks, they usually have hot friends.
    8. Don't smile at the fat chicks too long, they might think you like THEM.
    9. Always carry yourself like a Marine, make sure when you do smile, make sure it's cocky.
    10. In all cases, a simple "HOORAH" suffices.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by Saurian'sEdge
    "Rules for smiling"
    7. Smile at the fat chicks, they usually have hot friends.
    8. Don't smile at the fat chicks too long, they might think you like THEM.
    9. Always carry yourself like a Marine, make sure when you do smile, make sure it's cocky.
    10. In all cases, a simple "HOORAH" suffices.
    Gotta love it!! Especially #9.

-Lake

Good ones Saurian. I'll refrain from smiling on the working party. Just a question but have any of you encountered officers with subdued rank insignia. When I graduated we went to Miramar and as we were about to enter the PX a Marine said "Good morning private.... so we don't salute any more huh. Well neither me nor my father which is in the military also saw his rank. So later I asked a Marine in the PX about that and he said its normally worn overseas so you don't give your position away or get sniped but he'd never seen it in the states. I was just wondering if any of ya'll had seen it

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Marine Officers do NOT wear subdued rank in any case.

Miramar does have Army and Air Force aboard the installation because of the Consolidated Brig. You might have ran into one of those guys.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    When I see people in military garb, I tend to look for rank anyway. Saves face in situations like Ceasar's. Probably was Army. They have black rank for officers in the utilities. They also tuck thier trousers into the boot instead of blousing them with boot bands. What ever, huh? That's what stands us out from teh rest. Our unique and distinct uniform, and all the fixins and rules that go with it. Good luck to all the poolees out there, esp. the ones shipping soon.

Saurian'sEdge
    Guest Free Member

Good luck

good luck to all those soon to ship.

A piece of advice; a positive attitude, if you go to MCRD thinking "I don't know..." "What have I done....." "I can't do this...." chances are you will FAIL. You will hear this from the day you step off the bus, and you WILL say it to every recruit "STAY MOTIVATED". Whatever motivated you into joining this elite, this special breed, this entity that so many cherish down to their bones, will be forgotten. What will replace it, is the sense and the thought "MARINE". That will motivate you for the rest of your life. I've been out of the corps for 6yrs, and I still get goosebumps when I hear the "Marine's Hymn".

"GOOD LUCK AND STAY MOTIVATED"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I remember when I was in my JROTC unit, we were a Navy unit run by a retired USMC Colonel. The uniforms might've been Navy, but that was about it. Every year, we had 3 or 4 guys enlist in the Corps, and out of my 4 years there, we might've had 2 guys go Navy. I'll tell you though, those MCJROTC units have it rough. If you think the Marine Corps gets s**t for funding, the MCJROTC units get s**t from that. Compared to some of the MCJROTC units I've seen, mine felt rich... and that we weren't. But they did end up on the better side of the tracks uniform wise... though I earned my JROTC blues to, and they seemed to work out OK. This photo is a year old, but here it is... too much trash on that uniform, but that's the Navy for ya. Just a couple more weeks until I ship... I'm starting to get channel fever. I think I'm going on 10 May, or at least that's the way it seems to be shaping up right now... apparently there was a big Charlie Foxtrot with east coast ship dates and recruiters not getting the right master brief sheets. We'll see how it works out. Thanks again, see the rest of you poolees at boot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ns4.jpg‎
Views:	337
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	3410  

Registered User Free Member 2ndplacesucks's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I finally got a pic my friend was back from Okinwa and had a camera this is from Okinawanker.com[/B]

Attached Files Attached Files

Credits
    Savings
    let me try again sorry

Credits
    Savings
    this should work i had to make it smaller

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg‎
Views:	296
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	3437  

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    Dude is that a keystone I see behind you? Lol, no wonder why your struggling to stand up

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Haha looks like something me and my buddy Schmitt would do. He's getting leave to watch me graduate high school but he's going to be in Afghanistan this July. He was in Iraq about 6 months ago.

Livinsofree: At least you understand how hard it is funding wise for MCJROTC units lol. We had barley enough to go to our regional competitions this year. In the past we've made it to nationals for rifle and drill but the 12th MCD didn't have the funding to send us to Florida...LAME.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I know that feeling. We had a nationals caliber drill team at my high school, however, we recieved next to nothing for travel and operating expenses other than uniform/textbook purchases. As a result, we did what any good unit would do: we fundraised the rest. But even raising 12-14 grand a year, there was nowhere near enough cash for nationals. Of course, having an NSI pass away in the fall unexpectedly kinda put a cramp in things. It made for some interesting experiences however: it's the only year of my life where an 18 year old kid like me ended up signing things for a Colonel (with his authorization, of course), and training a retired US Navy Chief from the ground up. It's also the ONLY time I've ever seen a Colonel cry. It's quite a surreal feeling, I'll tell you that much... but I learned a lot from it all. Maybe the big guy upstairs has a plan after all, the value of the experience of that year especially was immeasurable. Back to the topic at hand: MCJROTC units seem the most susceptible to what I call a "quality spread." Those units are, ironically, the most unpredictable in terms of overall performance. I've seen ones that looked like 8th & I up and comers, all the way down to some of the nastiest s**tbirds I've ever had the displeasure to behold. It all comes down to the instructors, the amount of cadet responsibility, and the support of the larger program.

Thread Information