Field Meet - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Field Meet

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    You guys are gonna love the field meet. Drill Instructors are awesome, here in Toledo they take us off the bus to try and simulate what it'll be like. Remember to sound off, if you're not spitting out blood, you're not loud enough. They're gonna look for motivation, make sure you give'em a few OORAH's. Most of all, have fun and soak up the experience. Pay attention to the way these guys walk around. The atmosphere seems to change when you know theres a smokey bear around. Everything from the cold stare on their face to the way they talk to you one on one. Its wild.

-Lake

Registered User Free Member Blindside8162's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Wink

Yeah I went last year and didn't get any DI "attention" hopefully I do this time. I have a plan....

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    LoL! My thoughts exactly!! Last year I went and when it was all said and done, I was kind of upset that nobody yelled at me. I felt like everyone else got all the fun.

And, just as you said. I too have a plan.

-Lake

Credits
    Savings

Talking

Feel Like sharing lake?!? Mine includes a specific garment...in hot pink.....namely my socks. Mwahahaha! I might get a shirt too. It must be like dangling steak to hungry wolves.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh by the way...these socks are knee high.....heh heh

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Just got home from the meeting. I asked the Drill Instructor if we were allowed to beat off at boot camp.

Me: Sir, are we allowed to beat off at boot camp, Sir?!?!?!!!!!

Needless to say, I was chewed for asking "such a disgusting question". However, I kept my face straight and screamed (louder then they were screaming at me) and after a 30 second lecture about how you can get a discharge for that "kind of disgusting bullsh*t" he went away and I was told to sit down.

-Lake

It was actually a dare by my GySgt. He owes me lunch now.

And if you were wondering. NO, I was not scared when I asked the question. I think partly because I KNEW I was gonna get chewed.

Registered User Free Member Poolee08/09's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    we have a field meet in Johnstown PA May 21-22. If anyone wil be there PM me!

Credits
    Savings
    Oh Man I just got back from my Field Meet yesterday. it was awesome!! We took home secondplace and the "Most Motivated"
    award. When the DI's boarded our bus i hid in the bathroom (it was a charter bus) and waited for the right moment. Then i busted out and slammed the door real loud and the DI had the most evil look on his face. I thought he was gonna kill me. He ran of the back of the bus and chewed me out so bad i was looking over my shoulder all day.

Credits
    Savings
    Lol my gunny told us we could have a whole box of MRE's if we bring them another referral. Those things were delicious i don't care what anyone says. I ate 2 full ones.

You think they are delicious because you don't have to eat them day in, day out. I bet when you were younger you thought your school cafeteria food was pretty good, too.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    We won first place for Motivation. 3rd for Tug of War. I took 2nd for crunches ( i was RSS Ironman ) and 1st for "biggest balls". LoL. Not really an award, but my recruiter said he'll throw something on the computer for me.

Also, we made up a diddy - you guys should like this one.

DEVILDOG SHOCK TROOP,
    BLOOD FIGHTING WAR MACHINE,
    READY TO FIGHT,
    READY TO KILL,
    READY TO DIE,
    BUT NEVER WILL.

RSS MONROE - OORAH!

The above was screamed at the top of our lungs when given the command "MOVE".

Sgt. Martinez would say "DEEP" - everyone take a deep breath. "MOVE" - everyone would say the diddy. Great stuff.

Also, if you check the front page of Leatherneck and look for the post about Female Poolees being trained. You'll see a picture of an extremely short, african american, female Drill Instructor. She was at our meet. Shes hott.

-Lake

Thread Information