MEPs question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MEPs question

Registered User Free Member 1recon's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

MEPs question

Do they test for TB at MEPs? I can't remember and I need to get tested for it. If anyone knows the answer, please help me out with this. Thanks.

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Baumy, good stuff brotherman. 1recon, whats TB?

-Lake

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Tuberculosis (TB) is not tested for at MEPS. You'll be tested at MCRD. (and every year that you are in)

A TB skin test looks for TB infection. TB proteins are injected under the surface of the skin. If a person is infected with TB, a hard swelling (induration) will develop at the site of the injection in 48 to 72 hours. A health care professional must measure the size of the reaction and tell you if the test is positive after the 72 hour period.

In reality the corpsmen love giving shots, so you get the TB test about 3 times a year It seems like I always had to go get the TB shot...maybe they just didn't like me or something....

Registered User Free Member 1recon's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the help guys. I needed to know for a college application ASAP. I know I had one a few years ago, but it needed to be more recent. Thanks again.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You know whats fun to do at MEPs? When the doctor calls you into the office to check out your butt, tell all the other guys that the doctor does the finger wag. Then, make sure you are first in line and when you come out, whince and look in pain saying, "next..." and walk funny. LOL! I had these two Navy depper's sweating so bad! LOL!

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    Nice Seeley. If you really wanna screw off at MEPS and if its out of town, wait until about 2 in the morning, get out of your hotel room and go knock on your recruiters door. Then tell him "im scared, can I sleep in here with you." Should be a riot

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Not sure that Marine would think it is a riot! Might get you thumped!

He'd get thumped..then his DI would get a call from the Recruiter making sure her got hooked up good in Boot Camp.

Registered User Free Member alanUSMCDEP03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Recruiter's door? My recruiter didn't stay with me. He dropped me off at the door and left, and then sent another recruiter to pick me up about an hour after everybody else had already left the next day.

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Anyone going to send a letter to "SSgt" Eric Lake while he's at bootcamp? The DI's love that.

and the return address would be William Jefferson Clinton!!!

YES! and at the bottom, we need to put "So boot camp is easy you say?", or "Give that cute DI you told me about a big kiss"

Originally posted by 1recon
    Thanks for the help guys. I needed to know for a college application ASAP. I know I had one a few years ago, but it needed to be more recent. Thanks again.
    Why does a person not even a Marine yet call themselfs 1Recon?
    Kindda erks me you first must become a Marine with a 0300 mos and the after around 2 years you can try out for Recon. It is a title earned not just a screen name.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information