A poolee's worst nightmare
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A poolee's worst nightmare

I want to graduate as guide in bootcamp. I know a substantial amout of MC knowledge, how to drill...you know all that good stuff, and most consider me a good leader.

I'm an ex Cross Country runner and have had shinsplint problems all throughout my running "career". When I ice my legs after a long date and have my inner quads built up enough I have no problems.
    Is there any exercies we'll be doing in bootcamp that will keep our vastis medialis [inner quad] strengthened? You see, Since I pronate slightly, this muscle doesn't get worked out by running.
    If I was the guide and asked my DI permission to go to sickbay to ice my legs to prevent injury what would happen?

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have.

Registered User Free Member VMGRMech's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You be able to get all the icy hot and ice pack you need in the squadbay at night, no need to go to medical. As far as shin splints go you probably already now that you'll just have to run through it.

Good luck S/F

Not to mention all the grunt candy you can stomach...

What? Is that another word for pain killer?

Motrin, in 800 Mg.

Registered User Free Member VMGRMech's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Vitamin M

Well dern, I got excited for a minute.

Das Behaelter,

I hear what you saying DB!!

Semper Fi,
    Bill "Kalbo"

Re: A poolee's worst nightmare

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YankeeDoodleAsh
    [B]I want to graduate as guide in bootcamp.

Originally posted by YankeeDoodleAsh
    If I was the guide and asked my DI permission to go to sickbay to ice my legs to prevent injury what would happen?
    Well, since you pronate slightly, you won't be guiding anyone in a straight line.

He might have you dance, to exercise your vastis medialis

or he might sent you to the PX to buy yourself some nylons and make you wear them during your exercise period.

I can march straight. I'm a pretty good marcher actually. I WAS a marching band twinkie for six years afterall. The only harm my pronation will do if I don't wear my orthodics is realign my legs very slowly.
    Sparrowhawk, I just saw that you're from Riverside! I go to Cal Baptist University! I feel like I know you...no, not really.
    Anyway, so far my plan is to keep my orthos in my running shoes since it's the running that will do the most wear and tear on my legs.
    I can't dance!

If you go to sick bay for your legs I would think you were a pu**y

Credits
    Savings
    Son I don't know what would happen now if you ask your DI if you could go to Sickbay to ice your leggies. But 38 years ago you'd rather give a Lyon a handjob with barbed wire than make that request. Grit your teeth and let the chips fall where they may. Wether or not you Graduate as Guide ;IF you Graduate you will be A Proud Marine. The BEST Leaders got to that position by having GOOD Followers.

Well okay then, this girl's gonna run till her legs fall off and stay motivated the whole time! And that is true...It always took till my injury got so bad that my coach had to pull me out of our races. If I couldn't bring myself to tell my coach about an injury I reckon I really wouldn't be up to telling a DI. It's too bad I screwed my team over by keeping my mouth shut. Bootcamp's a whole nuther world.

Watch your mouth Shawn. I can run circles around you.

Shawn, I have a feeling you are one. Keyboard commandos do not impress me, or the others here. Go earn the title and show you have what it takes. Then come here and make comments about other people's problems. Until then, we don't know that you won't be in sick bay because of a severe case of "I am scared and want to go home."

Thread Information