LCPL Carlos Torres
Create Post

LCPL Carlos Torres

Carlos Torres and I checked in to 3rd Btn 4th Marine on the same day in April 1983. He will be missed.

Our good friend and compatriot, LCPL Carlos Torres suffered a fatal accident yesterday. As you probably know, Carlos had worked for the past 18 years as an ironworker. He was always aware of the risks involved with his profession, but he loved his work. Yesterday, those risks finally caught up with him. He slipped on a beam and fell 35 feet, landing on his head. He is currently in a vegetative state at Cooper Medical Center, in Camden, NJ. There is no hope for recovery, and his family plans to cease life support on Friday.
    Carlos leaves behind his wife, Jennifer, two children, his mother, and 3 brothers. He is also survived by his extended family of friends, who knew him and loved him like a brother. Carlos loved life, and he loved to have a good time. Let us not mourn his passing; but rather, celebrate the joy he loved to bring others.
    Funeral plans are pending. Once they've been finalized, I'll pass them along to you. In the meantime, if you would like to convey condolences, send them to:

Torres Family
    126 Linwood Avenue
    Vineland, NJ 08360

Please keep Carlos and his family in your prayers.

In the picture Carlos is on the right.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	resize of carlos&hartman.jpg‎
Views:	366
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	2925  

Cool Prayers and Thoughts......

Sorry to hear Super Dave.....

Condolences to the Family and Friends....

Sempers,

Roger

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear of your buddy's tragic condition. I'll keep him and his family in my prayers. I'm not good with words, but I'll try and write his family. Since I don't know your actual name, I have to hope they know who Super Dave is.

Semper Fi!
    namgrunt

Credits
    Savings
    Super Dave,
    Please extend my condolences. My Prayers and thoughts are with his family.
    Semper Fi,
    vfm

LCpl Carlos in his last act of protecting others passed away ensureing his family didn't have to make the decision to cease life support. His funeral will be this Sunday evening. He will be missed.

Semper Fi

One more Marine reporting for duty-guarding the gates of heaven! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Carlos.

SuperDave

Again I will say and pray;

Oh Heavenly Father,
    A Marine Died Today.
    A Marine Brother Died Today.
    There will be no Parades or Fanfares.
    No official Flags will fly at half mast
    and only Tears from a Select Few will fall.
    Take his hand Lord and left this Marine Home.
    Our Marine Brother died Today oh Lord.
    Please help his heart to rest and allow
    his body to be at ease.
    Please allow his Family to Accpet Your Will with Peace.
    Good Bye and God Bless Marine.
    In the Name of Jesus Christ,
    Amen.

I too do not know your first name SD ( but wish I did to call you by name) but if you could post an e-mail addy so we may make final condolences to his family I know many would appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the front SD.

Your Marine Brother,
    rich

You can send them to me at cmasuperdave@verizon.net i will ensure they get to the family, if you wish to send a card via snail mail the address is in my 1st post.

My real name is David (dave) Carpenter

Thanks Super Dave

Semper Fi!
    Javier Cascos (aka namgrunt)

I appreciate the kinds words all..i will pass them along to the family..

Unhappy

I couldn't think of any more to add to what has been said.
    I place this as condolences to the family of our beloved Brother Marine Carlos Torres.

Psalm 23
    A Psalm of David
    THE LORD is my shephard; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
    he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

We pray for the family and share in their sorrow.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Carlos's memorial service was Sunday evening. I did pass along all well wishes from the members that have posted here to his family. A local Marine Corp league detachment was on hand to provide a ceremony to honor Carlos. There were two other Marines that served with Carlos in attendance. We joined the detachment in the ceremony to honor our Brother.

Thread Information