Mcrd
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mcrd

Credits
    Savings
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Whats in San Diego? There is a Navy base near there!

Be thankful you had a Hotel to stay in....not like these cold azz tin huts in the winter and hot ovens in the summer.

Attached Images Attached Images

I lived in Quonset huts @ MCRD, MWTC, Upper MAU Camp, PI and Camp Fuji...

Credits
    Savings
    Those Quonset huts were on the Navy base Right?
    Never had time to take pix of our Hotel accommodations while I was at P.I. !

The reason you never had time for pics was because y'all were constantly wiping tears out of each others eyes, because of those evil, monstrous, gigantic, life threatening, unforgivably vicious, mentally destructive, physically eroding, zombie inducing "SAND FLEAS". That's all Veterans of PI talk about. Except for the Swamps. So, while y'all were ohhhhing and ahhhhhing over the swamps and hop scotching around tiny sand fleas.....we were actually training to be real Marines.....just saying.

Seems like our little brothers from SD still like to talk a bad game. One day, if they grow up, they'll be OK that we are the REAL Marines.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Billy, we at PI weren't issued suntan lotion and sunglasses.

That's right Dave, we didn't even get bug spray, and we got to smell the paper mills down in Savanah every now and then as well.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Russ, on Saturdays the SD boots had big cookouts at their DIs homes but that's never mentioned by them, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    Russ, on Saturdays the SD boots had big cookouts at their DIs homes but that's never mentioned by them, naturally.
    The reason we don't talk about that, Dave, is because we was the meat being cooked....

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah! Them sand fleas can be a *****! Especially when momma flea lays her eggs in an open mosquito bite and it creates a staph infection! producing a temp and a terrible infection the P.I. D.I.'s have no sympathy like the Sgt's at Diego with their compassionate care and concern for their future Marine's

Really, where was that compassion at ITR, when I had to keep training even though I had Pneumonia. Sleeping in 8 man tents in Feb. with no heat and rain every damn day. Humping those Mountains in full gear in the dark pouring down rain and soaked to the bone. Sometimes humping 18 miles in horrible weather, then turning around and humping back. The worst part was thinking about the Almost Marines back at PI kicked back in warm barracks drinking sodas and listening to the radio before the DI's told them their bed time story and tucked them in....

Y'all should have heard those bedtime stories we were told at PI back in 1967. I remember saying to myself every night & every morning "What the hell did you do this time?" Just saying.

Those were 10 man tents Billy, not 8... I was at ITR living in those same GP tents...

Thread Information