No 9/11 tribute at Washington State High School, it may be offensive to some people
Create Post

No 9/11 tribute at Washington State High School, it may be offensive to some people

Washington state high school cancels 9/11 football tribute over possible offense concerns: Report

Kaelan Deese
    ·2 min read

A Washington state high school reportedly called off a student-led tribute to the victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks after an unnamed staffer said the commemoration could "unintentionally cause offense to some who see it differently," according to a report.
    The students at Eastlake High School in Sammamish wanted to coordinate the audience to wear red, white, and blue at a patriotic-themed football game but were reportedly blocked, according to Jason Rantz, a radio host on KTTH 770/94.5FM.
    A student told Rantz that the unnamed staffer told him the "red, white, and blue was going to be seen as racially insensitive and may affect people in a way that we will not understand and for that reason that we were to change our theme."
    SEPT. 11 CRASH SITES REMEMBER THE FALLEN 20 YEARS ON
    The radio station posted a screenshot of an email sent from one of the school's associate principals to inquiring parents, saying she understands the "sacrifice and values our flag represents, but I think they [school leadership] just did not want to unintentionally cause offense to some who see it differently."
    "Since it was not a home game, there was no opportunity to have an announcement about Patriots Day and to share why students were dressed in red, white and blue," Shannon Parthemer, the district’s communication director, told the station.
    The school's principal, Chris Bede, appeared to be taken "by surprise" at the notice about barring the students from wearing the color-coordinated theme, according to the station added.
    "I do want to clarify that schools do not have a right to ban students from wearing anything as long as it is not lewd, vulgar, etc. And the theme of red, white, and blue definitely would not fit into that category," Bede reportedly

Similar Threads:

This makes me sick.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    It might cause someone to be upset. The story of America these days.

Much of the world is laughing at our "wokeness," our political correctness, our pandering to every special interest, every whack-job fringe group or the latest letter of the alphabet added to LGBTQNBY...To our incomprehensible fear of offending those who'd like nothing better than to blow us up, or celebrate the carnage of 9-11 as something "we deserved." Ef them all.

PUSSIES...!!!

those students should have told the "unnamed staffer" to "kiss our collective patriotic azzes" and gone ahead with the tribute... at least the principal showed some balls by admitting that the staff had no right to ban anything that was not considered "lewd or vulgar", and that the theme of red, white, and blue definitely would not fit into that category... anyone "offended" by such a tribute should be told to FOD, and deported to the third world nation of their choice forthwith...

Si vis pacem, para bellum

With all this shivt going on in our world today, cancelling "Normal" American rallies and such, I keep seeing that it only takes one leftest most of the time to screw up the Patriot activities. It's what I call a "Majority of One." 10,000 Real Americans get cancelled out by one vote all the time today.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    True, Russ. I've mentioned this many times, that no one ever says "no" to these malcontents. One person hates Chinese food, so they shut down Chinatown. Very seldom if ever does anyone in authority say fk you, we are not catering to you.

Thread Information