Another step down to a 3rd. World Country......
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another step down to a 3rd. World Country......

Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Democrat, signed a bill last month with little fanfare that drops the requirement that high school students prove proficiency in reading, writing or math, before graduation, a report said.
    The Oregonian reported that the governor has seemed to avoid discussing Senate Bill 744. Her move to sign the bill was "not public until recently, because her office did not hold a signing ceremony or issue press release." The paper also pointed out that the bill was first signed on July 14 but not added into the state’s database until July 29 due to a glitch in the system.
    Brown’s office did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News.
    In June, state lawmakers voted to approve the bill that suspended the requirements for students for three years, KATU reported. Foundations for a Better Oregon said in a statement at the time that the bill is intended to "truly reflect what every student needs to thrive in the 21st century." Supporters of the bill insist that considering math and reading essential skills has been an unfair challenge for students who do not test well. The report said the requirement was first suspended at the start of the pandemic.
    The KATU report pointed out that Republicans have come out against the bill and claim that it lowers "expectations for our kids." But there was some bipartisan support.
    GET THE FOX NEWS APP
    Charles Boyle, the deputy communications director from Brown’s office, told the paper in an email that staff from the governor’s office informed legislative staffers about the bill's signing on the day it was passed. He also said that the new standards for graduation will help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."
    The paper reported that the bill could stay in effect for five years until new requirements.
    The paper's editorial staff urged Brown to veto the bill back in June.
    "Oregon schools were among the last in the country to reopen to in-person instruction during the pandemic," an editorial read. "Our legislators should be focused on how to help students regain the ground they’ve lost after a year and a half of distance learning and hybrid instruction – not on lowering our standards."

Similar Threads:

WTF......how can we keep letting this kind of bullshet happen? Do people even care about their Children anymore? Can't they see what's going on?

Attached Images Attached Images

just ANOTHER way to "dumb down" our youth... create more dummycrap voters as well.... no wonder the entire eastern half of this state wants to become part of IOWA...

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Brown just doomed minorities for failure in the future...

They will never be able to qualify for any further Higher education...

SURE they will, FO... they will have college degrees handed to them same as their high school diplomas.... but I'd NEVER use any graduate of a Oregon school for ANYTHING more than garbage collection, no matter how HIGH of a degree they have....

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    they will have college degrees handed to them same as their high school diplomas....
    And for free if the upcoming 3.5 trillion dollar bill gets passed that will basically turn the country into a welfare state.

with about half of the country already on welfare, we've already become a "welfare state"... these azzhats are just trying to make it a "permanent" state of affairs....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post

Brown just doomed *minorities *
    for failure in the future...

They will never NEED to qualify for any further Higher education...
    looks like she frees a lota-people
    on test based educatons-
    or needing to teach to NORMs'

*and testing ???????

wtf ........?

and "they" call us racists

they=democrats -

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post

Brown
    just doomed *minorities *
    for failure in the future...

Gov. Brown that is...

ain't THAT hoot!... all these azzhats need to do to define "racist" is look in the mirror....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If lowering the standards was such a good thing, why was governor trying to hide it. They must really have low expectations of minoritys. Not sure why they included aisians , they outperform everybody in academia.

Bill Cosby said it best... NAACP and FRIENDS (like the dummycrap party) are in the BUSINESS of making blacks VICTIMS... to do this they also present the concept that blacks cannot compete on even terms with whites, and therefore need to have LOWER STANDARDS... in other words, blacks are not as intelligent or capable as whites, therefore must get a "free ride" instead of being held accountable... wouldn't YOU like to have these guys handling YOUR affairs....

I'd love to see them blacks take the test to become a Marine Grunt. I got through it in 30 minutes. I never knew drawing a line from one corner of a square, to the other corner could be so damn challenging....just saying. Russ told me he had to take the test 3 different times before he passed it.

It was bad enough when they brought in "HumRel" in the Marines and when Affirmative Action was used to advance those not really qualified...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I'd love to see them blacks take the test to become a Marine Grunt. I got through it in 30 minutes. I never knew drawing a line from one corner of a square, to the other corner could be so damn challenging....just saying. Russ told me he had to take the test 3 different times before he passed it.
    There's a test to become a Gurunt...??? I don't remember any test...

Thread Information