MLB Team celebrates LGBTQ with new Pride Uniforms...
Create Post

MLB Team celebrates LGBTQ with new Pride Uniforms...

Scroll down.....

Scroll back up to restore default view.

San Francisco Giants debut special Pride uniforms, first MLB team to do so

Ryan Young·Writer
    ·1 min read

The San Francisco Giants will debut special uniforms to honor the LGBTQ+ community this week, the team announced on Tuesday, the first day of Pride Month.
    The move will make the Giants the first team in Major League Baseball to incorporate the 11 Pride colors into an on-field uniform.
    “We are extremely proud to stand with the LGBTQ+ community as we kick off one of the best annual celebrations in San Francisco by paying honor to the countless achievements and contributions of all those who identify as LGBTQ+ and are allies of the LGBTQ+ community,” Giants president and CEO Larry Baer said in a statement.
    The team’s jerseys will feature the Giants logo in the Pride colors on their sleeve and hat, starting with their game against the Chicago Cubs at Oracle Park on Saturday — which is the third of their four game series with the Cubs.
    The custom uniforms are similar to what the Giants’ High-A affiliate did back in 2019, which made them the first MiLB team to wear Pride-themed uniforms.

Similar Threads:

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good post, Billy.
    You know, there Are SO many things to be proud of in this country these days. I hardly know where to begin!

Well Dave, that certainly isn't one of them.

Credits
    Savings
    I know...but it's typical, Russ.

smart move for the giants, every queer in Frisco will buy season tickets.... that should be sufficient to keep the franchise afloat even if they don't go to the playoffs... catering to queers in SF is about par for the course, seems like just about the whole city is either queer, or a homeless junkie.....

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Credits
    Savings
    True, William. And is being lgbtq really something that instills PRIDE? In the common usage of that word? It seems much more reasonable to not discriminate against it.

But pride? That's a stretch of common sense, like many other things these dismal days.

THEY may find it great, but don't ask the rest of us to love them for it.

Credits
    Savings
    Billy, that would be a bit awkward.

Dave, I noticed your Avatar shows you wearing a Cardinal baseball cap. Did you not know the Cardinals are changing the color of the Cardinal on their LOGO. Seems that the North American Indians are saying that the color Red is racist. They stated that most Indians associate the color Red with the White Mans racist term "Red Man" when referring to North American Indians..... They want to change the Red color to Black, as they associate Black with peace, compassion, and stability. They commented that the Red Cardinal should be replaced with a Black Geronimo .......

Credits
    Savings
    Avatar is just a cap, I'm not wearing it. I figured since I live in the general area of St Louis it would be fine. But that was before I learned about all the facts you just told me about. Now I'm having second thoughts about such a racist ballcap.

Dave, remember that today everything is racist. So whatever you come up with will also be racist. Being white, I'm surprised that you forgot you were born racist. Embrace it and you'll be set free.

Credits
    Savings
    I will, Russ. Good advice.

Thread Information