Menthol Cigaretts to be banned by Biden Admin.....they target black people.....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Menthol Cigaretts to be banned by Biden Admin.....they target black people.....

·2 min read

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The Biden administration this week is expected to propose a ban on menthol cigarettes, a move backed by civil rights groups that say Black Americans are hurt by the industry's aggressive targeting of the product, the Washington Post reported on Wednesday.
    The administration will seek to ban menthol and other flavors in mass-produced cigars, the newspaper reported, citing unidentified administration officials who spoke on condition of anonymity.
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration faces a Thursday court deadline to respond to a 2013 citizen's petition seeking a ban on menthols. Public health groups filed a lawsuit last year in federal district court in Northern California to require the FDA to respond to the petition.
    - ADVERTISEMENT -

The Post said it could be years before any ban would take effect, but the move would be praised by anti-smoking groups. Tobacco use remains a leading source of preventable illness and death in the country, particularly for people of color.
    The FDA declined to comment on the report from Post.
    "There is not an open question on whether menthol in cigarettes is harmful - the evidence is overwhelming and consistent,” Joelle Lester, director of commercial tobacco control programs at the Mitchell Hamline School of Law in Minnesota, told the Post https://wapo.st/3nvuQAM.
    The law center led a group of 19 public health organizations to file the 2013 petition.
    Last week, tobacco stocks tumbled after the Wall Street Journal https://on.wsj.com/3eGRF0q reported that the Biden administration is weighing whether to move forward on a menthol ban or a nicotine reduction in all cigarettes—or both. Such a ban could impact Altria Group, maker of Marlboros; Europe's Imperial Brands, maker of Gauloises and Winston cigarettes; and British American Tobacco, maker of Lucky Strike and Newport cigarettes.
    Altria, Imperial Brands and British American Tobacco were not immediately available for comment on the Post report.

Similar Threads:

Bull Crap I smoked them for over 30 years I like the taste of them and enjoyed them all till I quite...

Damn Bill, I didn't know you was black.......

There goes Kool's and Salem's always know as the favorites of the splibs.

"BIDEN" the walking, talking epitome of the Walking Dead...

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
      Credits
      Savings
      Talking? Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
      Talking? Sort of.
      I concede... He's a mumbler...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
      Damn Bill, I didn't know you was black.......

Shoooohh I under cover ...

Credits
      Savings
      Images
      I smoked Kools for years until I quit. Salems were trading material par excellence with the Vietnamese to get things built. Amazing what one pack of Salem's could get. All 17-cents worth.

Biden can say he'll do away with mentholated cigarettes all he wants. His black base will not allow it. The proposal is DOA.

Credits
      Savings
      And so is his skill at being president

He also has no skill of being an Honorable Man.

Dave, you Russ and Mike make being a White Supremacist look so damn easy even a Caveman can do it.....

Billy, we are Cavemen, some also call us Dinosaurs.

Credits
      Savings
      Imagine thinking about menthol cigarettes when there are so many really serious problems. ...it's kind of like frantically polishing the silverware as the Titanic goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
      Imagine thinking about menthol cigarettes when there are so many really serious problems. ...it's kind of like frantically polishing the silverware as the Titanic goes down.
      Your right Dave....we should focus on making cow farts a felony....

Thread Information