After police seized Marine vet's life savings, ruling brings him closer to saving oth
Create Post

Credits
    Savings
    holly crap bill.
    post the whole address please..

I thought I did.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/after-police-seized-marine-vet-s-life-savings-ruling-brings-him-closer-to-saving-others-from-civil-forfeiture/vi-BB1gZZ39?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LGTS&cvid=4a93304f59c74005a8cf31507820315e&ei=19#

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry Bill ,
    i clicked that while using a cellphone
    and couldn't get out of the loop,

about 20 sites piled on and showed videos with out excape....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've read a couple of articles about this case. When I was on the job I ran our narcotics unit, and later the whole detective bureau, which included the narcotics unit. I was a very aggressive user of the seizure laws. However, if the seizure could not be shown to have a drug dealing (or illegal gambling) nexus, I would not seize or allow the seizure. Plus, our assistant county prosecutor who oversaw drug cases and seizures would not be a happy camper if we brought her a **** In Rem seizure case to put in front of our circuit court judges. They were not rubber stamps and the court received none of the money. This would have been a **** In Rem case. I never, ever, dumped one of our seizures over to the Feds. Yes, we did get some seizure money from the Feds, but those were Fed cases from the start that we assisted on.

These kind of **** seizures are why lawyers, judges, and law breakers, (I mean, lawmakers), are lining up to tighten up seizure laws. I liked spending the dope man's money on lawful expenses instead of the taxpayer's dime. We equipped our whole department with SigSauer P226 9mm pistols compliments of assorted dope men. This crap just ruins a good thing for police departments, anti-drug education, and the taxpayer.

Still, while the Marine involved did not trust banks (I don't either), it's still a bit (ok, a lot) silly to carry around $87K in your car from state to state.

Thread Information