no leave
Create Post

Thread: no leave

no leave

What the hell has happened to the navy? My one son who is a chief on the "IWO" is trying to get leave to see his mother who is on hospence before he deploys whyle she is still living. I have been trying since Thursday to get his leave. I have jumped through all the hoops and everthing with the red cross, the doctors and his ship and to get his leave aproved and nothing is happening. If he deploys without seeing here he will never see here alive again. What to do?

Similar Threads:

It's a sad day when the Military drags their feet on Family issues. Especially for this kind of issue. I hope he makes it Home, Brother. Prayers outbound....

Have you tried the political route, congressman and senators?

Bureaucracy sucks. I never encouraged fellow Marines to go UA, always tried to help them figure out other ways to handle a situation. I hope the Navy does the right thing for him so he is not put in a position where he has to choose whether that option is worth the consequences. Keep us updated.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congressmen and senators, good suggestion. Post 3

he got his leave of 4 days. now i just hope that mother can stay with us untill the end of this deployment. thank you everyone.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear he will be able to see her.

Great news, Brother....

It's COVID, all of these commanders are to afraid for their own careers to make any sort of decision. I havent been able to take any leave since December of 2019, even with my PCS I needed an exception to policy letter in order to PCS and would have needed another in order to be able to take leave.

Likewise, this may sound insensitive you having been in the military should understand the military does not care for the most part if the mother is in hospice, she is still alive. Similar to going through a divorce up until recently in the military you were either married or divorced. they didnt recognize separation, especially in the COVID era no commanders are letting anyone go anywhere without a generals approval.

My son has been here and left. When he got back to Mayport he put in a 14 day iceolation.

Thread Information