Worst case scenario.....what do you think would happen......I want to hear it...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worst case scenario.....what do you think would happen......I want to hear it...

Here we go......Worst case scenario, the Democrats sweep the elections. They now control all 3 Branches. They decide to ban guns. It could be anything, but, I'm going to use guns in this case. Biden, the House, and the Senate all sign off on banning guns of any type, for the safety of Americans. They find out it is going to be more than they had anticipated. So, Congress declares Martial Law is in order. They declare that all persons residing in the U.S. turn in their weapons or face Prison. They decide our Military will, if need be, go house to house in search of weapons.
    Now, here is my question. Do you think our Military would obey this order or consider it an unlawful order and refuse to take action. God help us if this ever happens.......just saying.

Similar Threads:

Is everyone stumped by this question????

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I don't think anyone is stumped, but it is a question that no one could even give an educated guess about. Maybe half the military would refuse to obey, and maybe the other half would, or some percentages either way. But no one could possibly even predict what would actually happen, because there is nothing to go by, no real precedent. Could go either way, and that's probably how most here feel. In other words, who knows? Who could possibly even guess? And if they did guess, what would it be based on? Pure speculation with no evidence either way.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    But it's still an interesting question anyway, Billy.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I agree with Dave. It is an interesting question and well worth thinking about. However, as Dave also said there is no precedent. I disagree with that. All we have to do is look to the Civil War. A lot of the US military voted with their feet and went over to the Confederates, including many very competent officers.

Will that happen in these circumstances? They are very different circumstances, not a Blue and Grey issue. Were I still in, I know where I would probably go as my oath is to the Constitution.

As a small indicator, we have almost all of the sheriff's in Virginia refusing to disarm their citizens. In fact, many sheriff's are deputizing all those that choose to be sworn in. We also have the sheriff's up in Washington state refusing to go back into those war torn corrupt cities since everyone they arrested for rioting were turned loose.

I remember back in PI that we were strongly taught that our oath was 2 the constitution and that we had the right to refuse an unlawful order. I hope they're still teaching such things. Just saying.

Credits
    Savings
    " I remember back in PI that we were strongly taught that our oath was 2 the constitution and that we had the right to refuse an unlawful order. I hope they're still teaching such things. Just saying. "

As Johnson was the president back then as well as when I was in P.I. and the D.I.s had every intention of following the constitution as did we! even at my "Young & Dumb" stage of life

Thing is Brothers, Loyalty is only as good as the issue. Disarming American Citizens is Unconstitutional. If in fact, that order was issued, it would be an unlawful order according to the Constitution. As a result, your Oath is still intact if you refuse to obey it. Also, your Oath to protect America from both foreign and domestic terrorism, could be used as a reason to disobey, because disarming law abiding Americans is Governmental Terrorism, which is why we have the 2nd, Amendment. Every person in the Military has family and friends back home. That person will know that his family and friends will be getting visited by the Military as well. So.....I think that if the Democrats issued an unlawful order, and that by disobeying that order, you are in fact Honoring your Oath and Loyalty to the United States of America.....just saying....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    • Currently Active Users

There are currently 128 users online. 1 members and 127 guests
      Most users online 4,336

Is everyone stumped by this question????
    ? Waza movie came out ? 1964 thereabouts-

-" 7 days in May" - worth watching or reading.;
    and do you remember that ONE chinaman

comes to mind -

think most of us have an
    attitude ????

Credits
    Savings
    I do remember my oath -
    to up hold the constitution-
    and still believe it is valid -

This would be a good question to ask the younger Marines who are still on active duty. We already know how most of us feel. I do think that if this worst case scenario were to come to fruition, before guns were confiscated, you would start seeing a lot of assassinations.

With all that was said If the Democrat party wins the white house there will be a big divide between democrat and republican party
    Another civil war will erupt and there will be massive amounts of blood shed..
    We even may have a war of the states again.. Who knows for sure...
    We will have to wait for the votes are tally..

Thing is, Bill.......the tally won't matter. Who ever wins, the other side will not give in without a fight. Hell, they're already saying the other side won't concede.

I'm thinking that there will be a serious divide amongst the military as well, those that are "politically correct" amongst the military, of all ranks, will "follow the leader", and never, for even one minute consider what their "oath to the Constitution" really means... those that consider their "oath" BINDING will follow no such orders.... think about it for a minute, when you first took the "oath", just how much "meaning" did you attach to it, or was it just "one more part" of the "ritual" necessary to be completed ( the first part) in order to become a MARINE.... and then it was repeated each time you were promoted... just one more step toward pinning on that extra stripe.... it wasn't until a bit later that YOU completely understood what that OATH really meant, and the length of time that you would be bound by it... and... what sacrifices you would be willing to make because of it...

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thread Information