Frontier Justice .....Hell yea!
Create Post

Frontier Justice .....Hell yea!

Protesters in Utah who splashed paint on a prosecutor's office could be given life sentences after they were accused of acting as a "gang".
    Salt Lake City District Attorney Sim Gill, whose office was targeted by Black Lives Matter marchers issued the charges.
    Critics, including the city's mayor, have called the felony charges excessive.
    The paint splashing occurred during a 9 July protest against racism.
    According to Utah's criminal code, the "gang enhancements" felonies Mr Gill filed are applied to "offences committed in concert with two or more person or in relation to a criminal street gang".
    In effect, prosecutors are "calling participants in a protest gang members," a lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union told AP.
    Mr Gill, a Democrat who says he declined to charge other Black Lives Matters protesters for curfew violations, downplayed the potential serious life sentence such charges carry. He did not think "anyone is going to be going to prison on this," he said. Plea deals are said to be often used in cases such as these to avoid a full sentence.
    "There's some people who want to engage in protest, but they want to be absolved of any behaviour," Mr Gill said.
    "This is not about protest. This is about people who are engaging in criminal conduct."
    However, Mayor Erin Mendenhall condemned the gang upgrade, saying the "potential punishment facing some protesters is excessive".
    "While I believe there should be consequences for breaking the law, the potential to spend life in prison for buying paint is too severe," she said in a video on her Twitter account.
    You may also be interested in:

Seven suspects are face first-degree felonies for allegedly buying or transporting the paint, splashing it on the government property or breaking windows, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.
    Lawyers for the accused told the newspaper the charges were retaliatory and a conflict of interest, because the protest took place at Mr Gill's office and protesters have repeatedly called him out by name.
    Mr Gill agreed that it was "not the ideal solution" to have his office file the charges, since they are the alleged victim, but he said short-staffing due to the coronavirus pandemic required it. He said the case will ultimately be handled by another district attorney's office.
    Madalena McNeil, 28, one of the protesters who is facing a life sentence, said: "I was really shocked because I just don't think any of the allegations against me warrant life in prison". She was charged for buying paint and pushing an officer.
    She told CBS that she feels confident that she will not receive such a long sentence, but "it would be silly to look at the potential of life in prison and not be scared".

Similar Threads:

Put me in charge of their punishment......I would go back to the Biblical method. They would never spread paint again....at least with their arms, because they wouldn't have any to use......

I agree with you Billy, As it is put in Deuteronomy:
    21 Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Make Em work in their local morgue,cleaning wounds etc etc of Dead people since they Love Blood and Guts...thats just for starters lets see how Tuff they really are.

Well Pat, you'd be making it 2 easy to pick out the dem's. The dem's that surprise me the most are the one's that I sometimes meet that served in the Corps.

Make a harsh example out of a few of them, the rest will turn tail and run like the cowards they are. But as long as you have politicians reassuring them that what they are doing "isn't that bad", they will continue with the stupid activity, and as we've seen, become more emboldened as time passes.

I say give them the same punishment that the Malaysians give for defacing public property with paint... 25 to 50 lashes, in public, with a bamboo staff wielded by a martial artist that knows how to utilize such a staff to it's fullest.... same punishment Singapore gave to some 18 year old from Ohio about 25 years ago ... fool didn't spray paint in Singapore any more, although he did resume his stupidity once he came home because he KNEW nobody would do him anything.... and THAT is the problem, NO PUNISHMENT....

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Well Pat, you'd be making it 2 easy to pick out the dem's. The dem's that surprise me the most are the one's that I sometimes meet that served in the Corps.
    I know what you mean about leftist that served in our Corps, that surprises me as well when I run across some that served in the Corps...

there are some that "enlisted just for the educational benefits", and as soon as they had the chance got out and went to college... where they were promptly "dumbed down"...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don’t confuse an Education with Intelligence College Boy’s and Girl’s

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Don’t confuse an Education with Intelligence College Boy’s and Girl’s
    and THAT is the truth... far too many of these "professional students" think that because they went to school for 30 years and attained every kind of degree imaginable, that THEY are so INTELLIGENT that THEY should be in charge of everything and everyone... however, in obtaining all of that book knowledge, THEY managed to lose every bit of COMMON SENSE they ever had... a perfect example is AOC.. allegedly has a "degree in economics", and does not understand the simplest economic principles, not to mention she wants to build that monorail from California to Hawaii..... as YODA would say, "The STUPID is STRONG in this one"...

Thread Information