Freedom of Speech.....no way.....you pay for it...
Create Post

Freedom of Speech.....no way.....you pay for it...

Catholic priest suspended for comparing BLM to 'maggots'

Associated Press

CARMEL, Ind. (AP) — A bishop suspended a suburban Indianapolis Catholic priest from public ministry on Wednesday for comparing the Black Lives Matter movement and its organizers to “maggots and parasites” in a recent church bulletin.
    Bishop Timothy Doherty, of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana, took the action against the Rev. Theodore Rothrock, of St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church in Carmel, for comments that the pastor wrote Sunday in the weekly bulletin.
    “The only lives that matter are their own and the only power they seek is their own,” Rothrock wrote. “They are wolves in wolves clothing, masked thieves and bandits, seeking only to devour the life of the poor and profit from the fear of others. They are maggots and parasites at best, feeding off the isolation of addiction and broken families, and offering to replace any current frustration and anxiety with more misery and greater resentment.”
    The diocese expressed “pastoral concern for the affected communities" in a statement posted on its website.
    “The suspension offers the Bishop an opportunity for pastoral discernment for the good of the diocese and for the good of Father Rothrock. Various possibilities for his public continuation in priestly ministry are being considered, but he will no longer be assigned as Pastor of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. Deacon Bill Reid will serve as Administrator of St. Elizabeth Seton," the statement said.
    Rothrock had been due to take over as pastor of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel next month.
    Rothrock issued an apology Tuesday night in a message sent to parishioners and later posted on the church’s website, The Indianapolis Star reported.
    “It was not my intention to offend anyone, and I am sorry that my words have caused any hurt to anyone," Rothrock wrote.
    The church must condemn bigotry, which is “a part of the fabric of our society,” he wrote.
    “We must also be fully aware that there are those who would distort the Gospel for their own misguided purposes,” Rothrock wrote. “People are afraid, as I pointed out, rather poorly I would admit, that there are those who feed on that fear to promote more fear and division.”
    Doherty said Tuesday that Rothrock should issue a clarification of the bulletin comments.
    The newly formed Carmel Against Racial Injustice group sought Rothrock's removal from leadership. The group has said it planned to demonstrate Sunday on the sidewalk surrounding the church. It wasn't clear Wednesday whether Rothrock's suspension changed that. The group didn't immediately reply to a message left Wednesday seeking comment about the suspension.

Similar Threads:

I will throw this out there.....we are just a hair width away from being inmates, instead of citizens of the U.S. Fear of consequences will over shadow our free will. I'm telling you, we are fast running out of time. Just like Cancer....without treatment, death is imminent......

disgusting, if you tell the truth, and sometimes people need the blunt truth, you get suspended or worse... if things don't change very quickly, blood will be in the streets and it will be mostly the blood of dead scum sucking soy boys and thugs...

the first victim of totalitarianism is (and must be) TRUTH... we are now fast entering a time when one must fear speaking the TRUTH, especially when that TRUTH contradicts what the MOB, it's followers, and the cowards afraid to stand up and be counted want to hear..... the priest spoke truth, the bishop is a COWARD....

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I still remember the time when many of us on this site, stood up when many refused, held our ground when others froze in fear, and moved into the fire - unsure if we would ever come out the other side. Somehow we did, and this made us quite different than other men. I remember many of my brothers smiling afterwards and simply saying "Ain't so bad."

Many men are tested once, many of us here have been tested over and over and over again until we had to become extremely hard, as I've heard in the MC many times "Born again hard." I've often wondered over the years why we were spared, I knew it had to be for a purpose. The reason is now becoming clearer to me - to once again stand 2 for our country. I'll never bow to this commie force/culture. But we're all Indian fighters, we need to wait our time. Just saying.

I'll be your wing Brother, Russ.....we will walk into the mouth of the Dragon smiling, as we have been there before.

Amen Billy, Amen.

Count me in! We've fought in other countries for their freedom' let's fight to protect ours!

ORDO AD CHAO

I'm on board for sure and for certain

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Im Good 2 Go rather go out like a Man instead of a Mouse

Credits
    Savings
    I'm in!

I'd rather die standing on my feet, defending what I believe in, than live on my knees.

Thread Information