I'm still kicking around..don't see many familiar names - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    But you are still a boot.
    yep, I guess I am at that, thanks for making my day.....

Credits
    Savings
    I'm still here and I stop in once in a while but I'm a free thinker and voter..back in the days way way back most of us could just talk **** like about the political system like we did in the Nam but over the years people who had different views got overran and just saying the **** we said to each other joking in Nam became personal and toxic.....if we still had the old days freedom to rag on each other with no really offensive ****...there would be hundreds of Marines posting here

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    I'm still here and I stop in once in a while but I'm a free thinker and voter..back in the days way way back most of us could just talk **** like about the political system like we did in the Nam but over the years people who had different views got overran and just saying the **** we said to each other joking in Nam became personal and toxic.....if we still had the old days freedom to rag on each other with no really offensive ****...there would be hundreds of Marines posting here
    So True

Super Moderator Platinum Member Mongoose's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Tony, I agree with you 100%......however, I refuse to turn the other cheek, just so someone I disagree with, feels good about their comment. Likewise, I am open to criticism or disagreement from others, pertaining to anything I post. One other thing you didn't bring up.....things we talked about then, aren't on the same playing field with the immoral bull**** that is happening today.....and, we could not even phantom, the total destruction of American values, traditions, morals, and the Constitution......I never let someone being offended stop me from saying what I believe in. I wasn't made that way, Brother.

one thing that is for sure, Billy, is that it's a sad day indeed when the truth about anything or anyone is considered hate speech.
    you are 100% correct in your assessment...

Super Moderator Platinum Member Mongoose's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Pat, I have always been open to debate or conversation, about any subject matter. Like Tony said, back in the day we busted each others balls on a daily basis. We called each other by names that today would be considered hateful racism and no one got upset. Our law enforcement officers got the respect they deserved and our kids got their azz whopped when they warranted it. There was no welfare and no one starved or was deprived needed medical care. Our American Flag was sacred and our Pledge of Allegiance was sincere and from the heart. Being gay was a sin and was not tolerated by decent people. Same sex marriage was unimaginable. The list goes on and on and on.......we do not live in a normal, God fearing Country anymore. So, that being said, and so everyone knows, people that come on here can say what they want to and that's o.k. But don't try to blow immoral smoke up my azz or try to shove progressive bullshet down my throat.

HST - I think that Billy's post above is a great example of a Marnie here on Leatherneck busting balls and saying what he thinks, just like back in the day. And I agree, I'll not summit to fagothood either.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Tony, I agree with you 100%......however, I refuse to turn the other cheek, just so someone I disagree with, feels good about their comment. Likewise, I am open to criticism or disagreement from others, pertaining to anything I post. One other thing you didn't bring up.....things we talked about then, aren't on the same playing field with the immoral bull**** that is happening today.....and, we could not even phantom, the total destruction of American values, traditions, morals, and the Constitution......I never let someone being offended stop me from saying what I believe in. I wasn't made that way, Brother.
    I always felt we were still in the barracks on the weekend just schuckin and chiven? but others got their skivvies in a bunch over things they thought were more important than my thoughts !

today's "me, me, me generation" is too easily offended, too easily led, and entirely too occupied with self gratification.... the virtues of hard work are unknown to them, they expect to be handed everything on a platter... they get an expensive but corrupted college education in a totally useless field, and expect that they will walk off campus on graduation day right into a CEO position with commensurate salary.... no training or experience, but they feel qualified nonetheless... and that is why so many of them live at home, or in grandma's basement or garage...it is also why they are big supporters of "income and wealth redistribution"... it doesn't hurt when you are on the RECEIVING end of that equasion, only when you are on the PROVIDING end...

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    today's "me, me, me generation" is too easily offended, too easily led, and entirely too occupied with self gratification.... the virtues of hard work are unknown to them, they expect to be handed everything on a platter... they get an expensive but corrupted college education in a totally useless field, and expect that they will walk off campus on graduation day right into a CEO position with commensurate salary.... no training or experience, but they feel qualified nonetheless... and that is why so many of them live at home, or in grandma's basement or garage...it is also why they are big supporters of "income and wealth redistribution"... it doesn't hurt when you are on the RECEIVING end of that equasion, only when you are on the PROVIDING end...
    exactly! they're free with other peoples money

Thread Information