I'm still kicking around..don't see many familiar names - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1OKay-Marines Birthday is November 10th-Sorry...Was Excited to Talk to you ,my Marines...Always Faithfull-FistFu-Mongoose-Still Breathing.....

​Hello Montana....Get Better......God Bless Always.....

Doc.....glad your still kicking, Brother. I guess we all need a little down time, now and then....

Well, I'm still here and as strong as ever, I simply take little vacations from time to time. Since the rainy season down here pretty much stopped last month and beautiful weather is back till next summer I've been taking advantage and riding my 2 Indians more than ever. Life is Good. Welcome back Y'all from the past, I hope you stay for awhile. S/F

October 13th, 1775 is the Official Birthday of the US Navy...

November 10th, 1775 is the Marine Corps Birthday...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hay All. Doing a check in.. have a good story.. my grand kids wanted me to take them back into some country I been telling them about. Well no one has been using the trail that goes back into that country so it isn’t in the best of shape. I start up this steep as a cows face hill that is one horse wide.. as I near the top I see a tree had fell across it.. I was leading a packhorse. And one of my grandkids had let his horse crowd up along side of it. Now my horse wants to turn around and I want to dismount to see if I can break the top out of that tree. Anyway about the time I get one leg about half way over the saddle. My horse slopes bacword off the trail and sends me airborne about twenty feet off the side of the trail.. I no more than land and ooooh. The horse falls on top of me,, then I feel it step on my ght knee. My right hip then my right shoulder blade and my left hand. Then there was a shorte paus at which time I think ,, sheww it’s over..then that dang horse stepped on the back of my head.. after all of that it basically only knocked the wind out of me and caused a lot of black and blue. So the next day when I figured out I wasn’t going to die. I took the grandkids back up there. But first climbed that trail and broke the top out of that tree.. I had a wool lined Levi jacket on I think it softened the blows.. wife wasn’t any to happy with me for going back up.. but I had promised the grandkids I would show them that country

Montana you live a life that other people can only dream about.

Credits
    Savings
    I guess I'm considered an old salt ? 68-70

Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    I guess I'm considered an old salt ? 68-70
    Yes, you're definitely an old salt - Boot.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Yes, you're definitely an old salt - Boot.
    Thats OK Russ ! Matis is a boot to us !

I know, ain't it great!

Doc, Montana, Russ, and all you other BOOTS, keep healthy, enjoy while you can, and SEMPER FI.....

William, you old fart.

yep. but I don't STINK.....

But you are still a boot.

Thread Information