The Chat About Anything Thread - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Lisa, I agree with what Pat just said---do stop by--OFTEN...great to hear from you.

Lisa, good hearing from you, Sweetie. You and I really give LN real Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Lisa, good hearing from you, Sweetie. You and I really give LN real Class.
    Well, Lisa does anyway.......... just sayin'

Shame -

We can't get Lisa & Kimmer
    showin' N' Shakin'

??? Could be more interesting
    than one of the old
    "Wet-t shirt contests"
    we used to hold on the old
    "LEATHERNECK CHAT"

Lisa also "Dances"

Lisa, don't be a stranger, good to hear from you again...

Nice to see you Lisa, been missing your class around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    Nice to see you Lisa, been missing your class around here.

Hot-damn...it's hell being 52, wish I was 25 again....just saying....

Billy, How do you think I feel at 65...

I remembered a ridiculous story from my Marine Corps years. I was a Morse Code Intercept Operator, top secret clearance, on a small Navy base in Puerto Rico in the middle of nowhere. The big Navy base was downtown San Juan and an even bigger base was in eastern Puerto Rico. One day we got the word to assemble in back of the base, outside the back gate, in the extensive fields. A Hollywood director was there with a complete film crew, and they were going to shoot a commercial for USO, United Service Organization, a veterans and active duty kind of place to go when on leave etc all around the United States------so they had a helicopter come in and land, MARINES on the side of it in big letters like in the photos. Then the scene cut to twenty or so of us walking through a field, not showing us as having gotten out of the helicopter, but another separate scene after showing the landing....I was the one closest to the camera, and the filming began. We walked slowly through the fields, rifles at the ready. CUT CUT CUT!!! The director walked over to me and said, LOOK MEAN AND GRIM!---I told him I was 19, just got to Puerto Rico, had 2 more years here to go, was having a great time, it was hard to look tough and grim and mean.....so he put me at the very end of the skirmish line and replaced me with someone who would act the part better. LOL. That was my one and only contact with Hollywood.

The commercial did appear on TV back in the states, and it was on all the time, but when it came on I had to tell my family that I was the very last one in the skirmish line, advancing forward with rifles. They couldn't even tell it was me, I was so far from the camera.

that's "Hollywierd" for you, Dave, forget about reality, just give us what we want.... that's probably why so many actors and actresses today are all screwed up, they don't really know who THEY are, they play so many different parts and people, they've forgotten how to be themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post

CONSIDER/ponder ?

Iffin' yer usin' yer own palm to get it,
    you won't get anything - that wasn't already
    listed on your shot card before you started...

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    that's "Hollywierd" for you, Dave, forget about reality, just give us what we want.... that's probably why so many actors and actresses today are all screwed up, they don't really know who THEY are, they play so many different parts and people, they've forgotten how to be themselves....
    William, are saying Elisabeth Warren isn't an Indian and Beto ain't Meskin

William, are saying Elisabeth Warren isn't an Indian and Beto ain't Meskin
    yup, sorry to have to break it to you, Billy...

William

Are you saying ,
    Elisabeth Warren isn't an Indian
    and Beto ain't Meskin /
    Carefull "BillyMongoose"

NEXT thing William's gwanna tell yah iz -

"CORY BOOKER" IZn't SPARTICUS

Thread Information