You've come a long way, Baby......
Create Post

You've come a long way, Baby......

Department contradicts the latest misinformation spread by President Trump about transgender troops, efforts endure to repeal the policy considered unconstitutional by many medical professionals and LGBTQ+ organizations. Although transgender Americans proudly serving their country, and aspiring to do so, have had their livelihoods and futures thrown into uncertainty, many remain steadfast in their desire to protect and serve.U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Bree Fram tells Yahoo News: “The usual arguments against transgender people serving in the military are that we are a disruption to unit cohesion and morale, we cost too much and a whole host of other reasons. The same arguments were made against African-Americans, women, lesbians, gays and bisexuals — and every time proven wrong.”
    The American Medical Association says: “There is no medically valid reason to exclude transgender individuals from military service.”
    According to a 2016 study from Rand, a nonprofit research institution, the impact of transgender troops in the U.S. military on readiness and health care costs would be small. Potential health care cost increase was estimated as 0.13 percent and any effect on readiness considered “negligible.”
    The Obama administration used this insight from the Rand study to inform its decision to lift the ban on open service for transgender men and women on June 30, 2016.
    Fram came out as transgender on the day the Pentagon lifted the ban. “I was so nervous of what the reaction was going to be. One by one, the people that I worked with came over to me, shook my hand and said it's an honor to serve with you.”

Lt Col Bree Fram
    Only a year passed after the Pentagon lifted the ban on open service when Trump sparked panic with his July, 26 2017, tweets:
    “After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you”

Similar Threads:

I really can't tell if it is a he-she, or a she-he, but it's [B] F U G L Y[/B] in either case......

William, don't be so hard on people that are confused. I mean....we get along fine with ED, don't we? I've known Ed for years and haven't understood one damn thing he has said. Just saying.....

Billy, Ed is NOT "confused", he's just dyslectic, that's all... he has trouble recognizing letters sometime... this other clown doesn't even know which BATHROOM to use for crying out loud.... and it wants us to "understand" it's confusion.... BAH HUMBUG... figure it out yourself you lezzie-fagot, then kindly go away....

Careful William....they have very sensitive feelings. You can't expect them to be 100% effective, if they are always crying. Where is your compassion, Brother. Didn't I stand up for you when you came out as a Lesbian?

true, Billy, you did... I guess I've been letting my R. Lee complex get the better of me... I just can't tolerate a crybaby that can't figure out where to go to pee and lets it's indecision become a full blown crisis of manic depression..... such behavior just screams wussy-wimp-twit....... and you know as well as I that such behavior would NEVER have been tolerated in OUR boot camp... in fact, such behavior in our day would not have survived the first week in MCRD.....

Week....if they made it one day, it would be a miracle.

had one in my platoon, it lasted until the second or third night before it's baser instincts took command in the middle of the night... the other recruit upon whom it's "affections" were directed beat the holy hell out of it, until the DI's arrived on the scene to save it from being beat to death... MP's took it away, never to be seen again at MCRDSD.....

We didn't have any of those at PI. Just saying.

Rainoe's gwanna win
    a set of
    Snap-on-Tools -

I betcha-
    most likely has a set of her own already.......

considered unconstitutional by many medical professionals and LGBTQ+ organizations.
    IE the alphabet group.

say, Ed, is it singing "The hills are alive with the sound of music"?
    just wondering...lol

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post

Rainoe's gwanna win
    a set of
    Snap-on-Tools -

I betcha-
    most likely has a set of her own already.......
    and a couple of Harley HOGS Too!!!

Thread Information