WATCH: Dozens Of Medical Workers Charged In Federal Opioid Sting Across 11 States
Create Post

WATCH: Dozens Of Medical Workers Charged In Federal Opioid Sting Across 11 States

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 9:41 AM PT – Thursday, April 18, 2019
    Dozens of medicals workers are facing federal charges in connection with suspected opioid pushing and health care fraud.

One America’s Jennesh Agagas has the latest on the cases spanning nearly a dozen states

Similar Threads:

This is an enormous issue in our country that can’t be ignored. I argued with my parents for years about it and they just blew it off as ‘well you do drugs this is what happens’ but then they had to attend many of their friend’s children’s or grandchildren’s funerals and one of their longtime workers nearly killed a young woman in a head on collusion after he'd taken pills. I know 4 very promising successful young men that have died from overdoses.

I don’t know what the answer is but at some point people need to hit the brakes on all this ‘progress’ and reflect on why as a society do most people feel they need to get drunk every night or high or numb from pills. Why are so many people depressed or anxious and dependent on pills just to get through their days or to get a night’s sleep?

I know that marijuana will be legalized next and although it does have great medicinal and industrial value, it makes me really sad to see what it’s going to do to society knowing how it robbed me of my ambition and I’m sure it’s the reason I never got married or had kids, the only thing my authentic self ever truly wanted.

I know AA and all that has helped a lot of people but it never worked for me not that I ever gave it much effort. The only thing that ever worked for me was going to church and being surrounded by good Christian people that gave me the love and support I’ve always craved. But honestly they just led me to Jesus where I fully surrendered and he saved me.

“With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
    Matthew 19:26

(And hanging around and learning from a bunch of badazz Marines that went through the mouth of the dragon, slayed their way out and have never given into weakness sure has inspired me too!)

I know that marijuana will be legalized next and although it does have great medicinal and industrial value, it makes me really sad to see what it’s going to do to society knowing how it robbed me of my ambition and I’m sure it’s the reason I never got married or had kids, the only thing my authentic self ever truly wanted.
    the extract or (Cannabis Oil) has great medical benefits without the Hallucinogenics of smoking it... but you are right, weed IS addictive (proven fact) and is as bad for your lungs as cigarettes...

Yeah that’s why they say “If weed isn’t addictive then how come everybody I know that smokes it has been smoking every day for 30 years?”. I’ve always had an addictive personality but nothing is hard for me to give up like weed, beer and cigarettes are no big deal for me but you try to take away my weed and I feel like someone took my best friend and lifeline. I’ve been doing real good though lately it’s been awhile and I haven’t even wanted it praise the Lord.

And yes you can extract over 100 different cannabinoids from marijuana or hemp and they’ve only begun to discover the amazing medicinal qualities of them but instead medicinal marijuana in California and elsewhere only led to the THC (a cannabinoid) being the sought after component to increase and making the marijuana way more potent than back in y’alls day of smoking it, just like the beers now are insanely strong too.

I almost started a CBD oil business but gave up trying to fund it but I still know cannabinoids and terpenes are going to become huge soon along with hemp being grown for industrial purposes because you can do damn near do anything with it and it’s totally environmental, it literally cleans the soil. It used to be required to grow hemp in the USA back in the founding father’s days.

a good friend and an inactive Marine like myself, had/has symptoms of Parkinson's I think? where he had problems standing and or walking, he had to use a walker...
    he started taking the CBD oil and it was amazing, he no longer needs the walker his speech is getting to where he doesn't stutter as much and he is moving around great... the stuff in that form is amazing...

Yes, it blew the medical field's minds when parents started giving it to their kids that had hundreds of seizures a week and it cured them when nothing else could. We shouldn’t be against legalization, there needs to be hemp growing for industrial purposes to replace all this plastic and boxes for a start but it can also be used to make an incredible naturally mold free building product amongst thousands of other purposes to help the environment. And tons of research needs to be done into the healing properties of cannabinoids and terpenes and extracts of all kinds of plants. I believe God gave us what we need to heal ourselves but it’s just not a money maker like Big Pharma creating some fake compound they can own the rights to and charge whatever they want for. Big Pharma is already getting in there though along with the big alcohol and tobacco corps, they’re just laying low letting the small business people fight through the legal battles before they take over.

I attended MJBizCon in Vegas and it was pretty incredible it’s going to be an enormous business and there are many opportunities for veterans, you wouldn’t have believed it all, I loved it actually, I love plants and science and it’s just so amazing. Everything from computers monitoring the exact ideal lighting and moisture of the soil to the incredible CO2 extractors that look like something out of a futuristic mad scientists lab that can separate all those different cannabinoids. They also have these cool little grow and extract facilities they can build on any plot of land per your specs, it was all just mind blowing.

JMHO, but much or the "problem" with "opioids" and other addictive drugs with today's young people stem from their PARENTS... those "parents" were the "in" generation of pot heads, dopers, free love practitioners and outright "hippies" of the 1960's that welcomed US home in a style that will never be forgotten or forgiven... THOSE people did drugs of all kinds as a form of "protest and rebellion" against their parents that had given them just about everything they ever wanted, except intestinal fortitude, loyalty, honor, and COMMON SENSE... now that the "original generation" are parents, they have given their children even LESS when it comes to common sense and intestinal fortitude, along with a very LARGE dose of "Instant Gratification"... these fools expect to he handed whatever they want, at no cost to themselves, whenever and wherever they want it delivered.... and they are NOT prepared to deal with the REALITY of the real world, where it takes hard work, knowledge, and plenty of that "intestinal fortitude" along with COMMON SENSE to be successful... end result, when the "real world" does not live up to your expectations, do some drugs and escape to a "world of your own making" where everything is as YOU want it to be.... pursuit of that "dream world" and "ultimate high" sometimes results in an "overdose", which in turn, sometimes results in death... maybe I'm "hard or heartless", but I really have no sympathy for them, they made their beds, and ended up having to sleep in them, too bad, but in truth, they are rarely missed and have little or no impact on that "real world" that they spent so much time trying to avoid.....

Well you say you like me and I’ve struggled with some form of addiction or self destructive behavior my entire life. My parents hate hippies and they’ve never touched any drugs, never smoked and they never even drank when I was growing up. My mom started drinking wine when it became popular in the late 80’s and I don’t blame her if I had to live with my Dad I’d have to drink every night too. We had nice things but I was raised with an iron fist and we were expected to be perfect all the time, the best looking, the best athletes, the most intelligent…shortcomings and mistakes were the end of the world. Criticism and thrashing were never-ending. I started working as soon as I could, babysitting, bagging groceries anything to get out of the house. I put myself though college cocktail waitressing until 4am in a smoky bar. Then I moved out to California and worked an extremely demanding job as a Production Manager in TV commercials for 20 years, huge responsibility, long hours and mega stress. The only way I’ve ever known to cope with the anxiety of my life was a constant juggling act of alcohol, pot and pills. I finally hit the wall around 40 and my body and mind just couldn’t take it anymore. I should be dead 100 times over.

I believe many would argue I have had a positive impact on their life and I have value as a human being. My Dad would agree with you, I’m just a big ol’ loser because I gave up. But I sacrificed everything I ever wanted to make money and buy fancy crap and today I'm alone and I have nothing to show for any of it. I just thank God I finally cracked and ended up here, destitute in a small town at the doorstep of a church full of patient, supportive, non-judgmental Christians that are just ecstatic to have me around. They tell me how much they love me and how blessed they are that I joined their congregation every time they see me. I literally feel like I have been reborn, I sincerely get what that means now.

all Praise to the Lord God who guided your steps to that Church... it sounds like it literally saved your life...

Amen!

Thanks Pat, we're a tiny congregation but they are the most loving, kind, generous, true Christians I've ever known, I'm so lucky and blessed to have found them.

honey, I DO like you... and YOU have proven that believe it or not, I am correct.... YOU managed to save yourself simply by realizing that you could NOT continue to live like that, and reached out for a SOLUTION as opposed to wallowing in misery and crying "woe is me" all the while doing even MORE destructive drugs.... YOU fought to get that monkey off of your back, and YOU made it happen.... all of the "support" in the world would not have been worth a hill of beans if YOU had not been determined to change your life for the better..... makes you even more precious, you are a true "survivor"....

Thanks OT, you always know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I believe many would argue I have had a positive impact on their life and I have value as a human being. My Dad would agree with you, I’m just a big ol’ loser because I gave up. But I sacrificed everything I ever wanted to make money and buy fancy crap and today I'm alone and I have nothing to show for any of it. I just thank God I finally cracked and ended up here, destitute in a small town at the doorstep of a church full of patient, supportive, non-judgmental Christians that are just ecstatic to have me around. They tell me how much they love me and how blessed they are that I joined their congregation every time they see me. I literally feel like I have been reborn, I sincerely get what that means now.
    Kim - I was raised in a "less than desirable family as well." Left home at 17 carrying a suitcase, enrolled back in school down in Texas and graduated. 1 1/2 hard yrs later I enlisted in the USMC. Another year and off to the Nam. Being raised like I was and being "Born Again Hard" at PI I lived through the Nam with a promotion and a good record, which was my ticket into becoming a cop.

I didn't initially like the idea of becoming a cop as I thought there would be a lot more killing like my experience in the Nam turned out to be. In our day, Marine Infantry, as Billy often relates, were continuously sent into places that were safe for no one. Our job was to kill the enemy. It was an extremely dirty, nasty, vicious, never ending way of life that none of us ever thought we’d come out of, but I’m still here.

To become a cop I made peace with myself by deciding that I would never kill again, BUT, if I had to take another life, to save myself, my partner, or an innocent, I would do what I had to and then resign that day.

I learned how to effectively talk. Whenever I would say "Stop or your dead MF'er" they stopped. When asked how I got them to stop I'd just say it was the way I said it, they knew I meant it. In that way I saved many lives.

At any rate after a 12 week police academy class my group (top 25%) received the coveted job of being sent into the downtown projects of Memphis. Kind of like becoming an 03' when I graduated PI. My 2nd evening on the job 3 of the cops on my shift got shot by some black assshole, they all healed and stayed on the job. The subject didn't do so well though. I summed up my surroundings real fast, I realized I could easily be killed here as well but there were many perks. I loved the action and the numerous adrenaline rushes, I guess I was addicted very badly to those action related highs (for years).

I could go into a bar in my ward, in uniform, and have a drink there in front of everyone at that time though it changed a couple of years later. And did I mention the ladies, I was totally in my element.

Later I was one of the 1st to make the TACT team. Just like in the Marine Corps we were the ones that would go “Through the Doors” and “neutralize” the bad guy that was holding others hostage or whatever. During my time we took them all alive (lot easier to just kill them). We had a great deal of freedom, wearing jeans and t-shirts we’d go out and work our assignments, and in between my partner and I, one of us would have some young woman stashed fixing us dinner. But, if/when we got that radio call nothing could stop us from getting to that scene fast enough.

When I 1st became a cop it was very much like being in the MC, they were a hard lot like I was used to. But, as time went on things began softening up. As a new rookie I remember cops with 6 years in the streets complain because they were still the junior man in their car. Later, a rookie with 6 months on the job was training newer rookies, the blind leading the blind. Women in the squad cars, later one man cars. Now, don’t get me wrong, one man cars can answer more calls, but when when the shivt begins to get heavy they’ll normally lay up for other cars. A 2 man car will go anywhere anytime because most of the time there’s a trust between them. I always knew that if I got wasted my partner would take immediate revenge, and I for him. Kind of frowned on today I guess.

Long story short, I lived a life that almost no one would ever believe. I killed or fought or drank or laughed with some of the most bad assessed men (black or white) you could ever imagine, and I’ve cried with some as well. I can’t imagine not having the highs that I’ve lived, but I could gladly let go of some of prices I’ve paid. But it wouldn’t be the same would it. All or nothing. One day I’ll slide into Heaven loudly saying Woooooow, what a ride.

Kim, you can stop giving up right now and change your life. Change is the only thing certain in our lives. Ain't that a bittch.

You have lived such an incredible life, not even counting all the hot sex! And as you know I love cops too but not nearly as much as I love Marines of course. You’re the best Russ and so are your stories. I can’t really handle the killing part but I really like the protecting and serving and I love the romance!

I have a great appreciation for cops, especially the Culver City cops in LA. They really looked out for me when I wasn’t on my rocker after my dog got killed. I was living in my van in LA and didn’t care what happened to me and they never bothered me but would regularly drive past, I think letting others know they were watching out for me. When I finally got an apartment again I ended up living right across the street from them. Towards the end of my lease a black cop moved in next door to me with a pitbull and I went full on crazy again acting like a raging lunatic and I think the local cops talked to him and prevented him from having me arrested. When I went to move the black cop actually tried to stop me from leaving because he knew all the old black men in that complex really liked me, he tried to assure me he’d keep his dog inside and he wasn’t planning to stay there long anyway but I just knew it was time to depart LA forever for greener pastures.

I moved on Halloween and Gus and I were actually wearing our bee costumes again. When I was packing I’d come across these panties I’d bought at the Army Surplus store that said “Police Booty” on them. I’d never worn them and thought it would be funny to sneak across the street and hang them on the cop car’s side mirror. We walked by casually, Gus and I in our bee costumes, and I nonchalantly hung them on the mirror thinking I was all sly, I go in my house and I kid you not, I looked out the window 1 minute later and that cop car had already been moved! They saw me do it! My old black buddy was not remotely amused to say the least and I was kind of worried I may get in trouble but I never heard any more about it and I just packed up my van and moved across the country.

now that's funny, Kim..!!!... back in the day, I'd probably have hung them from my rear view mirror in the unit, along with the boy and girl "kewpie dolls" that were in a, shall we say "compromising" position.... Russ, I swear to heaven that hearing you talk about your time on the job is like looking in a mirror at myself for me... the training, assignments, friendships, bonding, partying, and especially the need for that "adrenalin rush" that keeps you going down that dark alley or through the door of that burglarized building or facing that punk with a gun ..... we could have "swapped places" and I doubt that anyone would have noticed the difference.... might have been fun if we had, I'd have got to see some of Memphis, and you would have gotten to see some of New Orleans... but I guess one project is pretty much like another... I know the ones in Ohio are absolutely no different than the ones that used to be in NOLA and Houston..... Semper Fi, my brother, America has slept safely at night because "rough men have stood ready to do violence on their behalf" for a long, long time, hopefully, a new crop of those "rough men" are ready to fill the shoes of their predecessors now that we have learned to live without the "rush"...

Thread Information