Trying to become Marine Aviator, Need Advice, Help!
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Trying to become Marine Aviator, Need Advice, Help!

What's up y'all, about 3 months ago I started talking to an OSO about the possibilities of becoming a Marine Aviator, they guaranteed me a slot in flight school, to have the opportunity to become a Marine Aviator. I am well aware of the culture in the Corp, so I don't need any moto talk. If I really wanted to become just a pilot I would join the Air National Guard or the Air Force, but the idea of being a Marine motivates the hell out of me. I know full well what I have to do physically, and I am improving everyday, but I want to know what I should do to start building good study habits, because I know flight school and OCS aint no joke. I am in college getting good marks, and on my way to getting my bachelors, but I feel sometimes I'm just getting by. I don't want to just get by in flight school and in my career.

Similar Threads:

What's up back to ya. Since you're already "aware of the culture in the Corps," why ask us. Maybe one day you'll learn that the title of Marine is never just handed out, it must be earned. Yes you have much to learn. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauce99 View Post
    What's up y'all, about 3 months ago I started talking to an OSO about the possibilities of becoming a Marine Aviator, they guaranteed me a slot in flight school, to have the opportunity to become a Marine Aviator. I am well aware of the culture in the Corp, so I don't need any moto talk.
    It all boils down to how bad you want it, there is really no amount of talk to "magically" make you all of a sudden put your nose to the grindstone, you have to want it badly enough to eat, drink, and sleep, Marine Aviator...

If I really wanted to become just a pilot I would join the Air National Guard or the Air Force, but the idea of being a Marine motivates the hell out of me.

if true this should do it
    I know full well what I have to do physically, and I am improving everyday, but I want to know what I should do to start building good study habits because I know flight school and OCS aint no joke. I am in college getting good marks, and on my way to getting my bachelors, but I feel sometimes I'm just getting by. I don't want to just get by in flight school and in my career.
    if you make it through OCS, and make it to flight school, they won't except someone who is "just getting by" there are always people who will be selected according to their achievement... or another way to put it, if someone bust their ass more then you, he/she will be selected over you in a heartbeat...

Thread Information