Women Grunts and Social Engineering...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Women Grunts and Social Engineering...

The majority of true Grunts said the writing was on the wall with this one...

Remedios Cruz joined the Marine Corps in 2013 as a supply clerk. One year later, she completed infantry training, and in 2017, made history when she became one of three females to join 1st Battalion, 8th Marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

Now, Cruz is awaiting separation from the Marine Corps after pleading guilty to maintaining a romantic relationship with a subordinate.

Cruz, 26, eventually married the person, who was a lower-ranking Marine in her unit, according The New York Times.

“The biggest mistakes I’ve made in the infantry were from my personal relationships,” Cruz told the Times. “I really want to move on.”

Cruz was reduced in rank from sergeant to corporal and restricted to the base after pleading guilty to fraternization as part of a broader plea agreement. The commanding general of 2nd Marine Division will now decide if she will be forced out with an other-than-honorable discharge, according to the Times.

“Regardless of the outcome of this case, Corporal Cruz has been a courageous pioneer for women in the military and she has earned a place in Marine Corps history,” Cruz’s lawyer, Capt. Jacob R. Johnston, said in a statement to The New York Times.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could care less about a Marines private life, as long as it is man and woman and no partiality is involved. By nature, man and woman are physically attracted to each other.......as long as they are dependable and loyal to their brother Marines.....why give a shet.

IMO depends on whether the "Subordinate was a non-rate for an NCO, it's been a rule for a long time that NCO's and non-rates don't fraternize...

exactly what was seen as a major problem long BEFORE females were integrated into the infantry.... "love on the battlefield" is NOT a morale booster, and creates friction amongst the troops.... which is why there are rules against fraternization... she should have picked a man not in her unit, instead of one that was in it.....

Like I said.....wouldn't bother me as long as she is doing her duty to the best of her ability........and sharing with me.

She ain't no woman grunt, unfortunately, she's a woman with the grunts. I could have won a good bet that one of them would get to her - they're grunts, that's what they do.

well said, Russ.... and then she best have enough for the whole squad, or at least her fire team, or there will be problems with jealousy .... personally, I think that many of these women trying for infantry billets just want to be there so they can find themselves a husband....just sayin.....

I don't understand the charge that she was messing with a subordinate, she was only a SGT. Hell I was doing a major's wife when I an MP riding the base housing and I was only a lance. When she started bragging on me that's one of the reasons I took those orders for the Nam, my LT. said they would have gotten me for sure.

and that, they would have for sure....LOL.... but in this gal's case, she must have been doing a non-rate in her platoon, squad, or fire team.... she would have been OK doing another NCO, or someone NOT in her chain of command... OR, someone wanted her gone for other reasons and used this charge as an excuse....

When I was a grunt, I could have never imagined a woman being a grunt along side me. I guess I'm just and old school sexist ...

Right on Keg

Not me....I'm all for it. I can see the benefits of a hand job or BJ while your all stressed out in a dark lonely listening post. I would consider it worthy of a Commendation Medal. It would definitely be a super boost in moral.

only for the guy getting the goodies, Billy.... had a WM doing the Desk Sgt in a MP platoon I was in once, she got caught under the desk by the OOD, and they were both busted.... the only person whose moral was boosted was the guy getting the BJ, while the rest of us had to stand watches in the cold and rain......

William, that's a small price to pay for the pleasure of your fellow Marine in need. I once stood watch in the Nam for Russ....pouring down rain, bullets flying all around, mortars getting closer.....just so he could bang a 85 year old Mamma-son with one leg and an ear missing........that's Loyalty.... just saying....

Ugly old women need loving as well Billy. I've always found that women like that really appreciate "feeling" young again, and because she didn't have many teeth - Wow.

Thread Information