No sense of humor.....
Create Post
    Super Moderator Platinum Member Mongoose's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

No sense of humor.....

Where's our freedom of speech....

The restaurant sign, which has since been removed, in Keene, N.H. (Photo: Facebook)

An owner of a French-Vietnamese restaurant on the verge of opening in Keene, N.H., is butting heads with a city manager over the eatery’s name, which sounds like a profanity.
    Pho Keene Great, a pun on the Vietnamese dish pho (pronounced “fuh”) and the name of the town, is scheduled to open in March; however, Fox News reports that City Manager Elizabeth Dragon said the owner, Isabelle Jolie, never received permission to hang the sign outside the restaurant.
    “City manager has deemed our business name as offensive and a permanent sign with our business name, will not be allowed. The one that is pictured, is a temporary sign, and it was requested that we take it down due to her opinion that it is offensive name and a contract violation as it relates to City ordinance,” the restaurant’s social media post read. Jolie agreed to remove the temporary sign.
    The restaurant polled users and found that 3,400 found the sign to be not offensive, while 117 voted that it was offensive.
    “The issue is pending a meeting with the city manager and her team,” the restaurant shared.
    Several users claimed the restaurant should be allowed to call itself whatever it likes due to freedom of speech, and many thought the “clever” name was funny. “I’m Pho Keene impressed,” commented one Facebook user. However, others were more vocal about how they felt about the “crass” name.
    “Cute until your child uses it. Sad commentary on what has become publicly acceptable. Class is a thing of the past,” one woman shared.
    Depending on how the name situation is resolved, the T-shirts that the restaurant had made may become local collector items.

Similar Threads:

Forget the name, I would have thought their issue would have been serving dog as their main dish.

Credits
    Savings
    Now Russ....you ain't telling us you never ate any dog in the Nam. Oh, I forgot, you was with the 5th Marines. They always had plenty of rations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Now Russ....you ain't telling us you never ate any dog in the Nam. Oh, I forgot, you was with the 5th Marines. They always had plenty of rations.
    With all those extra rations we had I was able to get down to my fighting weight of 135 lbs, and I was one of the bigger guys. Of course whenever we received some new guys they were all big and fat (normal size), one asked me once why we were all so skinny. I just told him if he were still here in 2 months he'd be like us. He asked "where would I go?" I just looked at him. His answer "Oh."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I remember trying a delicacy once upon a time across the Pond one of them Eggs I actually think it was almost ready too hatch I could feel the bones crunching...All those little ARVNs where laughing their A$$e$ off

Well Jack, I hope you took the feathers off. I'm told those quills hurt coming out the other end.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lol

Credits
    Savings
    I tried some of that Gook home made wine, once. Took about 2 seconds to throw it back up. There was fish heads floating on top of the wine they fermented it in. There was maggots all over the fish heads and floating in the wine. They would use their hands to part that shet on top, then dip their cups in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They sure had some Unique Recipes Billy

Thread Information