Help locating USMC painting?
Create Post

Help locating USMC painting?

Hello all,

I'm the wife of a Marine and I'm desperately searching for a painting for my husband for Christmas that I used to be able to find with a relatively simple Google search, but now I can't. It's a painting he loves that shows a group of Marines in a bar; it has men in all different USMC uniforms from throughout history drinking, laughing, and I think there's a piano?

I used to be able to pull it up with one vague Google-Image search of "Marines in a bar painting" and now I can't find it no matter how hard I search with different search criteria. Does this painting sound at all familiar to anyone? If so, any advice as to how I can purchase a copy of the painting?

Thank you!
    Meghan

Similar Threads:

I've seen many different renditions of period uniforms and of course Marines drinking in a bar is pretty normal, but I can't recall any with a piano...

Give it some time, someone will see this and respond...

Contact Leatherneck Magazine/Marine Corps Association---not affiliated with this website. They will try to help you with this. Their database is vast and they are very helpful.

1-800-336-0291---Marine Corps Assn (publishers of Leatherneck Magazine).

Thank you, everyone, for your responses! I've sent an email to the MCA/Leatherneck Magazine. Really appreciate the advice there - fingers crossed they can help me!

Happy Holidays!

Keep us posted right here, please. I looked all over the Internet myself, for that painting, no luck. Keep us updated.

Hello again! The advice to reach out to the MCA/Leatherneck Magazine was perfect - they knew exactly what I was talking about and responded right away!

The painting is called "Happy Hour" created by artist Bill Cody. The MCA provided me with his email address to reach out directly, and I was also able to find is again online by searching the name of the painting.

Thank you all for your help!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	01 Marine Eras.jpg‎
Views:	32
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	33088  

You're welcome, and Russ, thanks for posting that painting.

Thread Information