Youngest KIA in Vietnam...
Create Post

He was in Russ's Battalion. I think the Corps didn't think this one out. I think they disrespected a "Good Marine". Especially since I saw some who was Honorably Discharged that was Worthless as Titties on a footlocker.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It’s gonna be a Grand Reunion Someday Marine Rest In Peace Aye Aye Semper Fi

I don't like to say it....but there was some Marines that seemed to always be some where behind you when the shet hit the fan.....not to mention a few that had self inflicted wounds.....just saying. Up close and personal Combat has a way of bringing out the best or worst of those involved.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There was a couple that this Peon had too Pry outta a Fightin hole Billy...that’s why I don’t attend reunions them two are the biggest War story tellers of the survivors

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They Both ended uP being Lifers both where Dope Smoken Punks that where shipped over from another regiment

More than likely the 27th.....they just threw a bunch of misfits together to send to Nam, just to pacify The LBJ. I think they lasted about 2 months, then was spread out to other units....

It's a real shame the way they treated that young man. An Hoa was the 5th Marine Regimental HQ surrounded by mountains on 3 sides, a sitting duck for rockets and such. Every time Da Nang got rocketed or mortared An Hoa got physical ground attacks.

We lost a lot of Marines on that line, of course it was much worse when we were sent out on those walks in the park into the Arizona and No Go Island and Happy Valley and, Dodge City and the other endless shiitholes we were sent into. Just saying.

Happy Valley was my undoing....sent me Home 1 month early.....

Happy Vally Billy was one of the few places our battalion/companies dreaded going back into, never humped that area without running into strong NVA every time and lots of casualties. Of course Dodge City and No Go Island were no picnics either. Helll, none of the Arizona was easy duty now was it.

Thread Information