Marine Officers: Any advice for preparing for OCS
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine Officers: Any advice for preparing for OCS

Hello everyone,

I'm currently 19 years old and in my sophomore year of college. I recently started speaking with an OSO and i'm eager to begin the process of becoming a Marine Officer. They gave me a mock application and I completed it the day the received it. I'm far from applying for OCS because I have to prepare physically and academically. I'm applying for an aviation contract and I hope to fly, but my main desire is to be a Marine Officer. I'm going to PT sessions at the recruiting office, but I am struggling with running and pull ups, and for the most part everything. I am not the most fit guy out there. I am 6 foot and 217 LB. I used to weight 260 LB and lost weight. At this point I am dedicated to do what ever I need to do to make this happen. I need advice on how I should workout. Previous to talking to the Marines I was doing a full body strength workout 3 times a week, and I still do. I need to know how I can improve my overall endurance and physical fitness. I run on average a 9 minute mile, cant do any pull ups, and struggling with push ups and crunches. How can I train my lungs and body to run 3 miles and be as fit as an OCS candidate should be? How often a week should I run? and what exercises should I do inside and outside of the gym?