Initial contract E-1, update to E-2 w/ 23 college credits...No new contract given???
Create Post

Initial contract E-1, update to E-2 w/ 23 college credits...No new contract given???

Hello Marines! Today I was summoned by a new SSGT taking charge at my local recruiter station in Michigan to talk about updating my inital reservist contract as E-1 to E-2 due to me turning in 23 college credits and shipping early. SSGT told me I was promoted to E-2, but will not get a contract like I did at MEPS when I first signed. All I was given was a print off in the online folder they have on me from MEPS saying "College credits warrant promotion to the grade of E-2 per the Enlisted Processing Manual pg. 4-39 section 6." Was told that this promotion is in my shippinh packet and they will promote me to E-2 if I graduate Bootcamp. Is this normal? Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

perfectly normal procedure... if you graduate bootcamp you'll be a PFC....

Thanks for the reply Master Sergeant! Looking foward to Parris Island, just want everything squared away before I ship and not be missing out on anything.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Do the best you can at PI and come back and resurrect this same thread and let us know you finished boot camp. Good luck.

And let us know if you're a PFC

Thanks for the advice and will update when I come back from Parris Island with enthusiasm if I earned PFC! Until then, this poolee is greatful for the replies and the opportunity to earn the title of United States Marine!

Thread Information