The Old Days - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Old Days

I agree, there was a lot of fun and games going on in the 3rd. Battalion. This is a picture of my Platoon Commander in Boot-Camp. I found his family several years ago after searching for years for him. He died in 2007. I talked to his Daughter and Granddaughter. He retired as a Regimental Sgt. Major.randy.png

Billy (Mongoose) and others. Remember how on graduation day we had two days off to spend at PI with our parents. The DIs threw a huge picnic for their platoon, and the parents of recruits, near the parade deck/grinder. It went on for 2 whole days. No alcoholic beverages though. The DIs asked recruits to do skits of their own DIs, and some were nervous, but when they saw their own DIs laughing and having a great time, they relaxed a little and continued the skits.

Dave, the morning of graduation day we were given our MOS's, then chow, then we dressed for graduation. Marched over to the main parade grinder at PI. After graduation we had base liberty for the rest of the day. Next morning at dawn we were on the buses, packed and headed north for LeJeune. No fun and games like you described. I guess we missed something we didn't even know about.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fun & Games Eh ? Yes I remember the Turds I left in Sgt S’s boots as a reminder too my WingWiper DI...yah don’t F**K with an 0311 LOL

I remember Dave....at MCRDSD, we had a great time with our D.I's at our farewell party. Our Plt. Commander SSgt. Reed, let me wear his Campaign cover around the Company area for a while. Everyone was laughing, because he buttoned his top button on his utility shirt and unbloused his pants. We had a Great time......next morning we had chow delivered to our Huts and had breakfast in bed. I almost hated leaving.....just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Only in the 3rd Herd.
    Willie, I was in the "third" and I "herd" that......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Animals...too the marrow 3rd BN made me very fond of being PRONE

I was in the 3rd. also....a lot of fun, said no Marine ever...

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Sarge You should have seen me doing 77days in a Red line Brig standing on my f**king head hahahaha
    Sounds like you served with Rocky,lol, SFMF.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I served with real Marines both In & Outta the Brig Grasshopper he wasn’t and isn’t one

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They tore down the red line brig at Camp Pendleton about the time I got there for ITR, I think. I saw the site when in staging bn. and the concrete pads still had red and yellow lines visible.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bet the new one is TITs AC heat & big screen TV etc etc

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't know how they are now, Jack, but the one at Lejuene in 73 and the new brig at Pendleton in 75 weren't that pleasant looking to me. Not red lines, but at least boot camp strict. I was merely visiting those facilities as part of my MP duties.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Probably not Red Line anymore Sarge Camp L was Red line the one right off the Flight line at Cherry Point was a special one High Intesity light above each cage Cell racks where chained up at Zero dark thirty...then the Fun and games started all over again lol the Red Line brig at Quantico was small and now is a Museum my service number is scratched into the bulkhead lol

Thread Information