The Old Days - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Old Days

I agree, there was a lot of fun and games going on in the 3rd. Battalion. This is a picture of my Platoon Commander in Boot-Camp. I found his family several years ago after searching for years for him. He died in 2007. I talked to his Daughter and Granddaughter. He retired as a Regimental Sgt. Major.randy.png

Billy (Mongoose) and others. Remember how on graduation day we had two days off to spend at PI with our parents. The DIs threw a huge picnic for their platoon, and the parents of recruits, near the parade deck/grinder. It went on for 2 whole days. No alcoholic beverages though. The DIs asked recruits to do skits of their own DIs, and some were nervous, but when they saw their own DIs laughing and having a great time, they relaxed a little and continued the skits.

Dave, the morning of graduation day we were given our MOS's, then chow, then we dressed for graduation. Marched over to the main parade grinder at PI. After graduation we had base liberty for the rest of the day. Next morning at dawn we were on the buses, packed and headed north for LeJeune. No fun and games like you described. I guess we missed something we didn't even know about.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fun & Games Eh ? Yes I remember the Turds I left in Sgt S’s boots as a reminder too my WingWiper DI...yah don’t F**K with an 0311 LOL

I remember Dave....at MCRDSD, we had a great time with our D.I's at our farewell party. Our Plt. Commander SSgt. Reed, let me wear his Campaign cover around the Company area for a while. Everyone was laughing, because he buttoned his top button on his utility shirt and unbloused his pants. We had a Great time......next morning we had chow delivered to our Huts and had breakfast in bed. I almost hated leaving.....just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Only in the 3rd Herd.
    Willie, I was in the "third" and I "herd" that......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Animals...too the marrow 3rd BN made me very fond of being PRONE

Thread Information