Need someone to explain Marine Corps Muster Roll of WWII Veteran
Create Post

Need someone to explain Marine Corps Muster Roll of WWII Veteran

I am looking for someone to help better explain to me Marine Corps Muster Roll remarks and maybe about what these Marines on it were involved in or a part of, please. I am trying to learn about my great-grandpa USMC Pvt. Henry Dosson Scott, a WWII Veteran.
    U.S. DEPARTMENT OF VETERAN AFFAIRS BIRLS DEATH FILE-- Name: Henry Scott; Birth: 21 Sept 1917; Death: 22 Feb 1979; Military: 17 Nov 1943; Other: 7 Mar 1946.
    WWII DRAFT REGISTRAR for Precinct 2, Rolla, MO, Local Board Phelps County, Rolla, Missouri -- Date of Registration: 16 Oct 1940 -- Name: Henry Doss Scott -- Serial Number: 239 -- Order Number: 1868.
    MUSTER ROLL OF OFFICERS AND ENLISTED MEN OF THE U.S. MARINE CORPS-- Headquarters Company, Signal Battalion, MCB, San Diego, California -- No. 117 -- Name and Rank: Pvt SCOTT, Henry D. -- PMSSN: 521 -- Enlisted: 17 Nov 1943 -- Remarks: 26, jdfr 2nd, RBn, RDep, Post; 27-31, fur.
    I really appreciate any and all help, my email address is brandylasmanis@gmail.com, thank you.

Similar Threads:

I believe that it might be the same thing that they did for my late Daughter at her Duty station during her memorial there, at the end they called for muster or formation call and called off the names of the HQ Marines and each one responded here, until they got to my Daughter name, then they call out her name 3 times and then proceded with taps.
    hope this helps.

I wish it did, but I don't even know enough about the Marines to understand what you are trying to tell me. But you must know that out of all the Marine Corps Forums of which I asked for help, and out of the 94 people that viewed this post, you are the only one who has even tried to help me, and even if you do not know, you still replied to tell me what you did know and THAT COUNTS FOR EVERYTHING! even if I didn't understand it... you are appreciated, so thank you, very much.

Super Moderator Platinum Member Mongoose's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You have to understand that there are things that happens in the Corps, that we do not have an answer for. It's not disrespect, to not respond....it's just common sense that having 94 posts saying " I don't know " is not logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasmanis View Post
    I wish it did, but I don't even know enough about the Marines to understand what you are trying to tell me. But you must know that out of all the Marine Corps Forums of which I asked for help, and out of the 94 people that viewed this post, you are the only one who has even tried to help me, and even if you do not know, you still replied to tell me what you did know and THAT COUNTS FOR EVERYTHING! even if I didn't understand it... you are appreciated, so thank you, very much.
    a "Muster" is a call or formation of all hands (everybody) to make sure no one is missing, that way they will know that everyone is Present and/or accounted for.

like when my Daughter failed to show up for Monday morning formation or "Muster" they sent someone to check up on her in her Barracks (room).
    now if they have a memorial service at the place where the Marine was stationed as they did for my Daughter, both in Marine Mountain warfare training in Bridgeport Ca. and also in Iwakuni Japan, at the end of the service that have one last "Muster" call for all hands (HQ where my Daughter was assigned) everyone answers "present or Here" until they get to the name of the Fallen who obviously can't answer "here" or "Present"
    that's what that "Muster" means, in His case, it might refer to His last Duty Station and his final "Muster" to be released from Active Duty.

could be either case
    hope this clarifies things a bit
    Pat

I guess that means you did not receive my email that I sent to the email you listed in your initial request:

Ma'am,

Did you ever try requesting his records from the VA?

See below

Military Personnel Records, SF-180

This would get you his discharge papers and other information so you can track his service. When you ask, it takes 9-months to get an answer.

Thread Information