Dress Blues in the Bush....... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Being on line wearing our dress blues actually made the gooks even more afraid of us. It was something I'll never forget, at least for that one day we felt we were invincible.

It would have been interesting to know what they thought they were seeing during that time.

Don't ever remember seeing dress uniforms of any kind being worn by anyone in Vietnam. However, I didn't arrive until October of '69. MC Birthday for me that year wasn't much, because it was just a few of us up in Phubai with a bunch of ARVNs. We were TAD from 7th Comm (in Okinawa, by then) trying to transition a TRC-97 site over to them, but they were nothing but a bunch of screw-ups ... I never had a set of Blues, because I would have had to buy them, and they were just too expensive.

I think it was a Public Relation effort to show the citizens of America and Viet Nam, that Marines are unique. Marines are the only Military branch that dresses up for Combat. It was a way to show the World that we were so willing to die for our Country, that we went into Harms Way already dressed for our Funeral. As Russ said it made the VC shake in their Sandals.

I'll bet you all looked stunning

I still look stunning, Richard.....even more so today, than then.....

Credits
    Savings

I heard USArmySpecialForces
    didn't look so spiffy

maybe they lacked co-ordination.

but they did have rythym

Thread Information