Calling all groupies, non-rates and wannabes, SOUND OFF what you love about Marines - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 363
  1. #136

  2. #137
    Any brothers in this bar?

    m14ed come dance with me you sexy devil!




  3. #138
    Kim, you do know Ed is only half African, don't you? His great Grandfather was Chief of the Fukahoe Tribe in southern Sudan.


  4. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Kim, you do know Ed is only half African, don't you? His great Grandfather was Chief of the Fukahoe Tribe in southern Sudan.
    Oh I heard the Fukahoe tribe was wiped out by the goat syphilis epidemic in '68.






  5. #140
    http://www.ghettoredhot.com/wp-conte...-pass-test.jpg


    My sister sent billymongoose a dare to cum pick up
    deez skivies -

    and a doubledose of MOMMA's love ......
    that'll make that little whiteboy
    forget all about silly cherries-

    Said she wanna screw till the white
    falls outta his eyes




  6. #141
    Here Dave, I don't think that T-shirt Ed posted was accurate, I think you're a respectable gentleman.

    I did find this T-shirt for you though.




  7. #142
    Y'all may want to check out this podcast, it's very interesting, it's veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan telling of their experiences in their own words and many of them are young Marines. Much of it is heartbreaking but they are amazing, articulate, passionate men.

    "This is War"
    (from Wondery)

    https://wondery.com/shows/this-is-war/

    you can also listen on iPhone podcasts, Stitcher or Spotify


  8. #143
    Something I've noticed from listening to their accounts that is utterly maddening is the bureaucracy or I'm not sure what you call it but the enemy follows no rules of engagement, they have no problem killing civilians or doing anything underhanded to get at Marines but then the Marines have all these rules imposed on them by our government so that they can't fight back. All the enemy has to do is lay down their rifle and walk away. I can not imagine the frustration these young Marines must have to experience because of this modern day BS of our politicians who don't know the first thing about war imposing rules and tying the hands of young men having to live it.


  9. #144
    In Nam .....our rules of engagement was, Kill or be Killed. Most people don't know, but the Marines in VN, suffered more causalities than the Marines in WW2, Korea, or WW1. The Corps had more KIA in 1968 alone, than all the KIA's of all the Military branches combined in Iraq and Afgan in the past 15 years.....


  10. #145
    That's unbelievable. They've been through Hell too though. I wish the younger Marines would come here and be with y'all. I feel like y'all continue to support each other daily and they don't seem to have that and I think it's something they desperately need.


  11. #146
    WE had those silly "rules of engagement" too, Billy, just not in any area designated as a "free fire zone"... our "rules" were nowhere near as cocked up as what these kids today have to deal with, though... For instance, our snipers did not have to "call it in" and get permission to shoot the enemy from some JAG lawyer type.... we also operated under the assumption that if it was DEAD, it was a "confirmed kill".... these days, they want to crucify some kid for tossing a grenade into a building before he goes in ... SOP for us, but just let a body turn up and no weapon in hand, and our kid gets the third degree and maybe a court martial .... maybe if some of the idiot politicians dreaming up these stupid "rules of engagement" had THEIR sons or daughters on the front lines exposed to the death and destruction, these "rules" would disappear.....


  12. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    WE had those silly "rules of engagement" too, Billy, just not in any area designated as a "free fire zone"... our "rules" were nowhere near as cocked up as what these kids today have to deal with, though... For instance, our snipers did not have to "call it in" and get permission to shoot the enemy from some JAG lawyer type.... we also operated under the assumption that if it was DEAD, it was a "confirmed kill".... these days, they want to crucify some kid for tossing a grenade into a building before he goes in ... SOP for us, but just let a body turn up and no weapon in hand, and our kid gets the third degree and maybe a court martial .... maybe if some of the idiot politicians dreaming up these stupid "rules of engagement" had THEIR sons or daughters on the front lines exposed to the death and destruction, these "rules" would disappear.....
    Amen, William!

    I always agree with you.



  13. #148
    William, we didn't just toss a grenade in, we learned to arm the grenade and hold it a couple more seconds before tossing (so it wouldn't come back). We wrote the book on modern urban warfare.


  14. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    William, we didn't just toss a grenade in, we learned to arm the grenade and hold it a couple more seconds before tossing (so it wouldn't come back). We wrote the book on modern urban warfare.
    SOP, Russ, at least it was until we started getting reports of frags with supposedly 5 to 8 second fuses going off in 2 - 3 seconds... then it became a pull it, release it, toss it, and get your ass down game ... still, for some reason I always favored WP over frags, still do for that matter... guess I took the term "light them up" too literally.... LOL.....


  15. #150
    WP is some bad shiit. Kind of like napalm on a smaller scale in a way.

    "A little dab will do ya."


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts