Questions from Veteran family
Create Post

Questions from Veteran family

1. Is it considered disrespectful or tactless to display my grandfathers WW2 and Korea memorabilia, Medals ect, in my home. if not, tips on doing it in "good taste"

2. What is the significance for Marine Corp unit designations, for example, Hotel 2/5

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyrn View Post
    1. Is it considered disrespectful or tactless to display my grandfathers WW2 and Korea memorabilia, Medals ect, in my home. if not, tips on doing it in "good taste"
    It is not disrespectful or tactless to display them, just give them a special area without clutter.

2. What is the significance for Marine Corp unit designations, for example, Hotel 2/5
    Hotel 2/5 is Hotel company 2nd Battalion 5th Marines Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotel25bannershield.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	32760

I concur with irpat's answer, display them with pride, nothing wrong with displaying a relatives service items, if you have the dates of service I can probably come up with what the Unit was doing at the time for Historical purposes, no gurantees though...

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You can buy and create a shadowbox designed for displaying medals and unit patches. For instance this is mine (note that I also served in the Air National Guard, hence some of the Air Force stuff).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1316 (002).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	32761

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyrn View Post

As has been said, display with pride. Your Grandfather was a member of the most decorated Marine Regiment in all of Marine Corps history, the 5th Marines. They made history in Korea at the "Frozen Chosin." S/F

Thread Information