ADD Meds 6 years ago and still can't join?
Create Post

ADD Meds 6 years ago and still can't join?

I've been trying to enlist in the Marine Corps for about one and a half years now. I've made good friends with the recruiters. They're basically family! I took medication about 6 years ago for ADD, I took this medicine, "Adderall" for about a year. I took this medication in Middle school. I didn't do well in High School, but I did graduate and I received my diploma.

I scored a 59 on my ASVAB.

I told MEPS about the medication the first time I went, and I got sent home without swearing in. I did not write this on the paperwork I filled out before going to MEPS. I was told not to do so. Since then the Navy Bureau of Medicine has requested things from me, and I have done everything asked of me which is the following:

• Acquired 4 letters from past teachers describing my performance and ability to focus on and complete assigned tasks. (The letters I got were great, and were proof I could complete tasks assigned to me!)
    • I got a a doctors note from the doctor that diagnosed me with ADD, saying I don't have ADD anymore. nor do I exhibit any symptoms of it.
    • All my medical records

First time I went to MEPS, I was underweight. I weighed in at 137 Lbs at 6"1

Since then I have PT'd by myself and with the Marine Corps recruiters at PT sessions held twice a week. My weight is now 155 LBS.

My IST scores:

19 Pull-ups
    98 Crunches
    9:40 1.5 Miles run

I know my knowledge and can repeat it upon command in formation.

My Bu-Med just got denied, and now my recruiter is saying to get a Psychiatric Evaluation and so far I've heard that those take multiple sessions. Also they cost upwards of $150-200 a visit.

Why am I being given so much trouble trying to enlist? I've gone through so much and I'm ready to leave. What is the next step besides a Psychiatric Evaluation?

Thanks,

Kyle Cooper