Can I change my mos if I知 the DEP(delayed entry program)/a poolee and already have a
Create Post

Can I change my mos if I知 the DEP(delayed entry program)/a poolee and already have a

Can I change my mos if I知 the DEP(delayed entry program)/a poolee and already have a shipping date?

My current #1 mos is admin 0151.

Is there any way to change my jobs if I知 already scheduled to ship out this November?

My recruiter said I知 shipping in November and Admin will be my job if that was my number 1 choice.

Similar Threads:

Forgot to mention I’ll be Active Duty.

You can change it until the day you leave if your recruiter is willing to work with you. The sooner you give notice, the more he'll be able to do. The good news is if you don't leave until November, the new MOS's all come out in October and if he likes you he should be able to get you whatever you want (and qualify for). This is the next 4 years of your life, so choose wisely.

Make sure you pick a job you're looking forward to. It's a long time to be stuck doing something you hate.

Mike

I started out as an 0151 (admin clerk) and ended up an 0193 (admin chief). Along the way, I worked outside my primary MOS several times (see my biography). Personally, I enjoyed admin, primarily because I had the opportunity to positively affect the welfare of the Marines in my unit (pay, promotions, awards, etc). It can be tedious and repetitive work. But, there is no better feeling than being able to resolve another Marine's issues, seeing them get promoted on time, etc. I also liked being a part of the headquarters element (interacting with the commanding officer, executive officer, sergeant major/first sergeant, etc).

That being said. If you don't want admin, and can change to something you do want to do before shipping, there is nothing wrong with working with your recruiter to affect a change. That does not mean anything will change. My primary admonition regarding MOS assignments never changes: your primary MOS will be assigned based on the needs of the Marine Corps - your needs are secondary at best. Never forget it.

Good luck.

I think my biggest concern with 0151 is with the computer work.

What kind of computer skills do you need?

You'll be taught all the basic skills you need at MOS school (just pay attention and learn). Once in the fleet, your skills will improve with on the job training and experience. When I was in admin, we used Remington electric typewriters as computers were just coming online.

The USMC will teach you everything you need to know. As long as you are confident you will be happy doing what you do don't sweat what you'll need to learn.

Mike

Thread Information